OP
Renton777

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been working on a water mixing/storage station. Currently I just have a 55 gallon drum that I fill up, mix the salt in and the my auto water change drains it over the course of 4 or 5 days. Then it takes about 12 hours to fill up. I have always had the fear in the back of my find that I may need make a quick batch of saltwater in the case of an emergency, but if my barrel was about empty I would have to wait 12 hours.

So, I am working on the new setup using 2 x 105 gallon containers. Here is the dry run (minus the union valves that are on order).
XIDThCfh.jpg

n24RhSPh.jpg

And here is a quick picture to prove I still have tanks since it has been a while since I have posted an update.

DYlMMNRh.jpg

OP
OP
Renton777

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! I wish I had the space for a water changing station! I also have the fear of not having enough when needed.

I didn't use to have space, but we did a home addition and moved our washer and dryer......which left a perfect spot for the new water station :) . All part of my long term master plan for a bigger tank. Next step, replace the carpet in the aquarium room with tile, plans are in the works to get that done in the late summer :)

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't use to have space, but we did a home addition and moved our washer and dryer......which left a perfect spot for the new water station :) . All part of my long term master plan for a bigger tank. Next step, replace the carpet in the aquarium room with tile, plans are in the works to get that done in the late summer :)

It’s maniacal!

I’ve always enjoyed the thought of a small tank with a ridiculously large sump.

How big are you planning?!

OP
OP
Renton777

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Below is what I am planning on. It is probably 9 months out before things get moving on this but the planning is well underway in my mind :) . I have been subtly prepping my wife for this eventuality. I turn 40 next year and told her I feel a mid-life crisis coming on and the only cure for it is bigger tanks :)

Display Tank & Stand
108" long x 40" wide x 24" tall
Front Panel - Low Iron glass
Black vinyl background
External overflow - centered - 3 x 1.5" drains
4 Returns drilled in back, 3/4"
32" tall stand (this will allow enough space to house the equipment in the stand but still allow for easy look down & access into the display tank)

Frag Tank & Stand
72" long x 30" wide x 18" tall.
Black vinyl background
External overflow - centered - 3 x 1.5" drains
2 returns drrilled in back, 3/4"
30" tall stand

It will all be plumed as one system.

OP
OP
Renton777

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was first like “how is 108g an upgrade?” Then I looked again and that was just the length. ;Wideyed Tell those guys in LEAR to hit the gym.
I will be putting them on a strict diet and training regimen starting 3 months before the tanks arrive :)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can't remember the last time I was this excited about someone else's upgrade!!!

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You planning to sneak into Than’s when he isn’t looking to score an empty tank?!?

Edit: i should've kept reading for the reveal!

OP
OP
Renton777

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You planning to sneak into Than’s when he isn’t looking to score an empty tank?!?

Edit: i should've kept reading for the reveal!

I like your idea, I will steal one of his 10ft tanks he is getting, I will squeeze it in!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Tank light looks very nice!!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back