Repair AI Fuge light

Eldritch_blast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t really tried going down the warranty road yet, as I honestly think it was likely my fault. Was harder than I though not splashing this light having it goosenecked over my fuge.

probably should reach out to AI but if I don’t yield any result there is there any value in trying to take this thing apart and dink around with part replacement at all?

Not sure of the exact problem, but it narrowed down a gfci event to this light, and pulled it out.

replaced with a Tunze submersible light and interestingly enough wether coincidence or not my nutrient poor problem disappeared and I’ve now got a nice balance of 5ppm N03 when I was hestitantly having to balance with nitrate dosing before.
I’ve convinced myself the softball sized chunks of chaeto I was pulling out of my fuge with this light was where those nitrates were goin. I’m pleased with the Tunze, might add one more my chaeto is thriving but not exploding now, staying green and harboring pods as I’d like.

But I’d like to salvage this light if I can because I’ve got other uses for it.

I have pretty limited experience with electronic repairs, but can work a soldering iron and have a few measuring devices. Also pretty YouTube capable lol so I think I can handle if it’s worth the time?

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't gfci event point to the power supply first instead of the light itself?
I haven't worked on the fuge version of this light, but I have plenty of other AI gear repaired. Feel free to browse through my AI repair playlist:

epicfatigue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wonderi If you still have this I am trying to find someone who can send me a picture of the number on this chip for me so I can fix mine

PXL_20230401_052020930.jpg

epicfatigue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All fixed thanks heaps, I had a sneaking suspicion it was a npn but wasn't sure if it was a fet

It was a STO-23 NPN transistor

PXL_20230402_063457684.jpg

PXL_20230402_063523708.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back