Repairing EB832 AquaBus Power Issues or Why Head Unit Reboots Again

Rimsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Success! I replaced the regulator and the EB832 is now fully operational!

I want to tank @_AV and @DrZoidburg for their help. This was amazing!

The only thing I'm still pending is replacing the fan. I got another 5V fan, but it is slightly thicker than the original one, so I had to put it outside the case for the time being. I would appreciate it if somebody can tell me where I can get a replacement fan that matches the size of the original.

Rimsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi.

Yes, I tested the 1Link 24V (2 pin) outlets and both work. The relay clicks and they have 24V DC when ON and no voltage when OFF.

I'm starting to give up. I already damaged the fan thinking it was 12V, connected it to the 12V output and burned it. Starting to get desperate and more stupid.
Don't worry about the fan. It won't turn on unless triggered by the temperature sensor.
Do you know where the temperature sensor is? I have not seen the fan spin yet. I want to put some heat on the sensor to see if it spins.

Miker79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an older post but I am wondering if I can replace the 33063/PQGDA buck converter with a MC33063AD? I’m not an electronics guy but I know just enough to be dangerous. I just don’t want to fry something important.

OP
OP
_AV

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an older post but I am wondering if I can replace the 33063/PQGDA buck converter with a MC33063AD? I’m not an electronics guy but I know just enough to be dangerous. I just don’t want to fry something important.
Yes, you should be able to use the TI version of this common buck converter here.

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love reading your write ups - thank you for posting!

I’m curious - why do you think they bothered using the buck converter to drop the voltage down to 12V for the Aquabus vs keeping it at 24? They’re not using standard USB voltage anyway, and not only would 24V eliminate the need to drip the voltage, it would halve the amount of current needed.

OP
OP
_AV

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love reading your write ups - thank you for posting!

I’m curious - why do you think they bothered using the buck converter to drop the voltage down to 12V for the Aquabus vs keeping it at 24? They’re not using standard USB voltage anyway, and not only would 24V eliminate the need to drip the voltage, it would halve the amount of current needed.
Thanks for reading!

Remember that before the EB832, there was a classic Apex and EB8 which never had 24v power, but always used the 12v "aquabus". Since the 2016 Apex had to be compatible with all classic add-on modules, they had to maintain the 12v aquabus for backwards compatibility.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back