Replaced XF230 gyre's with Vortech MP10wQD's, need help with settings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ignitros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone... We recently swapped out our pair of XF230 gyre's with a pair of Vortech MP10wQD's and we're having a tough time recreating the back and forth flow we had with the gyres. We want to vary up the flows but would still like to have the back and forth as part of our schedule for a better chunk of the day. Maybe even run that during the night.

How do we accomplish this? Where one pump is on for 10 sec or so and then off while the other is on then so on back and forth? We are not running Apex or Profilux yet so it needs to be accomplished with EcoSmart Live.

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone... We recently swapped out our pair of XF230 gyre's with a pair of Vortech MP10wQD's and we're having a tough time recreating the back and forth flow we had with the gyres. We want to vary up the flows but would still like to have the back and forth as part of our schedule for a better chunk of the day. Maybe even run that during the night.

How do we accomplish this? Where one pump is on for 10 sec or so and then off while the other is on then so on back and forth? We are not running Apex or Profilux yet so it needs to be accomplished with EcoSmart Live.
Have one pump be on pulse for 10 seconds at your high power (ie 90%) and the other pump be on anti sync at your low power (ie 20%)

OP
OP
Ignitros

Ignitros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have one pump be on pulse for 10 seconds at your high power (ie 90%) and the other pump be on anti sync at your low power (ie 20%)
I have tried that... maybe I set it up incorrect. I set the master pump at 30% power to pulse for 10 seconds and the slave pump set to anti-sync. The problem is that the slave pump then pulses at 70% power even though I want the master to pulse at 30% max and then off. When in anti-sync it does the opposite so even though I want it to be at max 30% power when on it goes to 70% power when on.

I want this:

10 sec ---> - OFF 10 sec
10 sec OFF - <--- 10 sec

I'm getting this:

10 sec ---> - <------- 10 sec

MSB123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried that... maybe I set it up incorrect. I set the master pump at 30% power to pulse for 10 seconds and the slave pump set to anti-sync. The problem is that the slave pump then pulses at 70% power even though I want the master to pulse at 30% max and then off. When in anti-sync it does the opposite so even though I want it to be at max 30% power when on it goes to 70% power when on.

I want this:

10 sec ---> - OFF 10 sec
10 sec OFF - <--- 10 sec

I'm getting this:

10 sec ---> - <------- 10 sec
One pump will pump at the low number, while the other does the high power. So set one to 100% and the other to 0%

OP
OP
Ignitros

Ignitros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One pump will pump at the low number, while the other does the high power. So set one to 100% and the other to 0%

Let me make sure I understand you correctly. When I put the slave pump to anti-sync just make sure that the pump power level is set to 0?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ignitros

Ignitros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sync.jpg

OP
OP
Ignitros

Ignitros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how my pumps are set up on the tank. At either end in the middle of the width and toward the top of the height near the top of the water level.

layout.jpg

Last edited:

MSB123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how my pumps are set up on the tank. At either end in the middle of the width and toward the top of the height near the top of the water level.

layout.jpg
Yes. Try that and see how it goes.

OP
OP
Ignitros

Ignitros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Try that and see how it goes.
I tried doing anti-sync and sync and cannot get it to perform as I would like. What I ended up doing is moving one pump to the back wall and the other toward the front wall still on opposite ends of the tank and at the water level and setting them to sync. Seems to be generating a decent flow pattern that way. Almost circular around the tank in a counter clockwise pattern. I'll give it a few days and maybe someone from @ecotech will be able to expand and give some advice on this.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
Back