Replacing failed Red Sea Reefer 350 with new waterbox or another RSR?

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PS - BTW - I was under the impression that REdsea was deleting and removing all complaints about their tanks. Yet - you say they're a multiple on Facebook. I guess I my mind I say - who is correct?

Not under the the Red Sea Max and Reefers group, the leak threads are there just locked. This group is owned by Red Sea also...

Shall I keep going?

Capture.JPG Capture.JPG Capture.JPG Capture.JPG

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My tank was leaking beforehand? Hold on, I had my tank for two years....two years and you think my tank could had been leaking beforehand. Are you really serious? Now I think you are a troll. I would not notice my tank was leaking? As I said before, you cannot even fathom this experience unless your tank does what ours did.
I never said your tank was leaking beforehand. I was only talking about the science behind the failures - the glass over the front edge. Of course - anyone that disagrees with you is considered a troll. IMHO - you bought a used tank. You made a mistake. You got what you paid for. And that is not trying to be mean. It's just my opinion. One reason I would never (again) buy a used tank - which as I've posted before - I have done - with disastrous consequences.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not under the the Red Sea Max and Reefers group, the leak threads are there just locked. This group is owned by Red Sea also...

Capture.JPG Capture.JPG Capture.JPG
OK - and? Should I just say - ok - you're right RedSea tanks are crap - ok - they are lol:). Now we can be friends.

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK - and? Should I just say - ok - you're right RedSea tanks are crap - ok - they are lol:). Now we can be friends.

Now you are getting personal. This is not about you. This is about Red Sea owning up to these issues.

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never said your tank was leaking beforehand. I was only talking about the science behind the failures - the glass over the front edge. Of course - anyone that disagrees with you is considered a troll. IMHO - you bought a used tank. You made a mistake. You got what you paid for. And that is not trying to be mean. It's just my opinion. One reason I would never (again) buy a used tank - which as I've posted before - I have done - with disastrous consequences.

Now that is just wrong. Yes my tank was used, what about the guys here that had brand new, newer generation tanks and have had seam failures? I am not sure why you are apologizing for Red Sea. This had been brought up multiple times on many threads. This is NOT just older gen 1 tanks. This is NOT only tanks that are used or has been moved. The key word NOT.

Didn't we already have this discussion on used tanks? Remember when I said I had tanks since I was a teenager that were moved around multiple times, scratched beyond belief? This is a new problem that did not exist beforehand. The common element is the words on the stand, Red Sea.

I mean how many examples do you need on this being a fault with Red Sea?

Last edited:

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That aquarist knew how to do his own tank transfer he said

there are hundreds that don’t, and I have a hundred pages of private message jobs on tank transfers from those offers I do, I get a massive response rate where I can post our finished emergency jobs in other threads regarding cycle control.

when I take my vehicle in for repairs, I don’t ask the mechanic if he drives a Nissan truck. if he didn’t have a vehicle, but was a master mechanic recommended by others…

The way you instigate from the sidelines is classically you MN. I don’t know why you don’t select block from my posts, I feel like you’d have less to troll in life if you did. I’m always going to make threads or reflect in threads that have patterns of note, and will attempt to gain any remote job that involves keeping someone’s reef alive during a critical time. That info piece by piece keeps my little fishbowl reef alive- constant outbound reef cpr practice.

One of these days a nerf ball is going to take out the reefbowl: I want to be ready

MN this forum/entire board would be better served if you and I simply didn’t communicate. Try hitting ignore for six months on my posts, do a quick 6 months look how peaceful it is

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It matters to me. 1. If you don't have a tank - what is the reason for the repeated posts - I have a tank (2 RedSea tanks) - I don't want to debate with someone that has a goldfish bowl - I would rather hear about people with the actual tanks and their experience. IMHO - No - to your second question. This is just another 'I'll make a post that is going to stimulate discussion - with no knowledge. I didn't require anything - I will say you're weird - for calling me out LOL. I made no prerequisites. I just made the point that a certain person - has no skin in this game - yet has posted on many threads - and I guess my question is 'why'
You stated your prerequisite to speak on a subject again. All while saying you aren't setting one.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That aquarist knew how to do his own tank transfer he said

there are hundreds that don’t, and I have a hundred pages of private message jobs on tank transfers from those offers I do, I get a massive response rate where I can post our finished emergency jobs in other threads regarding cycle control.

when I take my vehicle in for repairs, I don’t ask the mechanic if he drives a Nissan truck. if he didn’t have a vehicle, but was a master mechanic recommended by others…

The way you instigate from the sidelines is classically you MN. I don’t know why you don’t select block from my posts, I feel like you’d have less to troll in life if you did. I’m always going to make threads or reflect in threads that have patterns of note, and will attempt to gain any remote job that involves keeping someone’s reef alive during a critical time. That info piece by piece keeps my little fishbowl reef alive- constant outbound reef cpr practice.

One of these days a nerf ball is going to take out the reefbowl: I want to be ready

MN this forum/entire board would be better served if you and I simply didn’t communicate. Try hitting ignore for six months on my posts, do a quick 6 months look how peaceful it is
report me

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You stated your prerequisite to speak on a subject again. All while saying you aren't setting one.
No clue what you're saying. my viewpoint stands on its own

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Now you are getting personal. This is not about you. This is about Red Sea owning up to these issues.
PS - redsea does not need to own up to any issues relating to your used tank. They should be taking care of registered users of their tanks

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Now that is just wrong. Yes my tank was used, what about the guys here that had brand new, newer generation tanks and have had seam failures? I am not sure why you are apologizing for Red Sea. This had been brought up multiple times on many threads. This is NOT just older gen 1 tanks. This is NOT only tanks that are used or has been moved. The key word NOT.

Didn't we already have this discussion on used tanks? Remember when I said I had tanks since I was a teenager that were moved around multiple times, scratched beyond belief? This is a new problem that did not exist beforehand. The common element is the words on the stand, Red Sea.

I mean how many examples do you need on this being a fault with Red Sea?
BTW - what I meant - which you misunderstood - or I was not clear - I meant - Pwrhaps the person you bought the tank from tried to fix a problem. that was my comment meaning

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is what I said "- I will say you're weird - for calling me out LOL. I made no prerequisites. I just made the point that a certain person - has no skin in this game - yet has posted on many threads - and I guess my question is 'why'".

snackpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PS - redsea does not need to own up to any issues relating to your used tank. They should be taking care of registered users of their tanks

They absolutely do need to own up to issues relating to used tanks. This is like saying that I should tell any customer who comes in at work with a car that they bought used is no longer eligible for warranty repairs or recall repairs.

Sorry sir! You didn't buy it brand new from the dealership so your life is now worthless to us, and we're under no obligation to replace your known-faulty airbag that'll put shrapnel through your chest in the event of an accident. Have a great day!

Back