Reputable vendors that currently have legitimate peppermint shrimp in?

OP
OP
living_tribunal

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aptasia issue in my tank has seemingly blown up the past couple of days and it’s starting to get bad.

I decided to cut qt for the wurdemmani a week short and added them to the display yesterday.

I now have 7 peppermint shrimp total in the tank: 4 medium sized wurdemmani and 3 bogessi. I’m hoping I start to see a difference soon. They did fantastic work in the frag tank but I’m worried it may be different in a larger display with wrasses.

Will keep y’all posted.

OP
OP
living_tribunal

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been about 4 days or so since I added the wurdemmanis that were very effective in my frag tank. I still haven’t seen a huge impact from them yet. I’d attribute this to a.) my wrasse b.) more available food for them c.) it being a larger tank. I have seen a couple aptasias disappear however so I remain hopeful.

I think the back of the napkin plan is to hold back on coral feeding for a couple of days to see if that spurs them to eat more aptasia. Time will tell but I need them to start working soon.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back