Requesting to check what are these orange babies?

Anish55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed today these orange babies with distinct black eyes and tail only 1.5 month old 29G reef tank. My tanks has a pair of clownfish, 4 snails, 4 crabs and 11 LPS corals frags. Requesting to check the attached image and tell if these are babies of any? If so, what should I do?

1E8F63F6-6CB9-4F45-BA49-B58F3C4581CD.jpeg

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im no expert but only fish in tank are clownfish and they look like fish eggs with baby fry in.and if are clownfish eggs then as see the eyes then i think they about to hatch after lights out tonight if can remember correctly on once reading about it.or when they change colour or something.like 6- 8 days after laid.research on what to do to care for them,but will need to move them to a seperate tank and already like days before started a culture to feed them as they need extra small food.so they just be food this time round.but maybe next time you can prepare and try raise them.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
Anish55

Anish55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im no expert but only fish in tank are clownfish and they look like fish eggs with baby fry in.and if are clownfish eggs then as see the eyes then i think they about to hatch after lights out tonight if can remember correctly on once reading about it.or when they change colour or something.like 6- 8 days after laid.research on what to do to care for them,but will need to move them to a seperate tank and already like days before started a culture to feed them as they need extra small food.so they just be food this time round.but maybe next time you can prepare and try raise them.
Thank you very much for checking and advising. I will try to isolate them and see if I can help them, if not will give it off to local fish store if they are taking it.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your welcome but would double check what i said as only saying it from memory from the countless hours of research on setting up saltwater tank which is only few months ago set up.but most fry of any fish need seperate tank fresh water or saltwater

Stephen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are without a doubt some sort of shrimp or crab larva. The carapace is very prominent as well there are tails visible on some of them. Clownfish eggs and fry are not similar to those (at least the ones I've raised and seen). Plus if they were clownfish fry the parents would/should be very attentive to them. Looks like you got some free livestock if you can keep them fed and growing.

D E N I N O

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look like mysis shrimp to me... It's a bit strange to see them hang out like this.

I would rule out clownfish fry, you would have noticed them protecting and cleaning the eggs. It doesn't even look like clownfish could have laid eggs there.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look like mysis shrimp to me... It's a bit strange to see them hang out like this.

I would rule out clownfish fry, you would have noticed them protecting and cleaning the eggs. It doesn't even look like clownfish could have laid eggs there.
Very good point that that could the clownfish even get to the thermoter as take it ,it is stuck to the glass so clownfish couldn't get to it to lay the eggs ha ha didnt even thibk of that.
I cant see the tail of any shrimp.im on phone and once zoom in it goes bit blurry.
But did say i wasnt expert ha ha ^_^
Either or either you got some freebies if can raise them so nice one and goodluck.
Btw if you do manage to raise some,could you follow up this post with updated pictures please just for my interest thanks

OP
OP
Anish55

Anish55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very good point that that could the clownfish even get to the thermoter as take it ,it is stuck to the glass so clownfish couldn't get to it to lay the eggs ha ha didnt even thibk of that.
I cant see the tail of any shrimp.im on phone and once zoom in it goes bit blurry.
Either or either you got some freebies if can raise them so nice one and goodluck.
Btw if you do manage to raise some,could you follow up this post with updated pictures please just for my interest thanks
Just transferred them out to a a separate small tank. Will keep you all posted here. Thanks again for the guidance.

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be crab larvae, but might also just be small shrimp and not babies at all. Have hundreds like those in my tank, probably 3-10 mm long if I had to guess

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 40 31.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back