Rescued a baby one dot fox face. Any advice?

dirtyxducks19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i was in a different town today and found a LFS and stopped by... Naturally I didn’t leave empty handed. I found a young one spot fox face. I’ve been wanting to add one to my tank and he was the perfect size as most of fish are young and I’d like to see them grow. The price was good but he doesn’t look that great. I assumed it’s mainly lack of good nutrition. They probably are not feeding it veggies. It’s about 2 inches long. The fish store said they had it for over a week and fed it to show me that it is eating. So I took it home. Based on the picture what’s anyone’s advice? It’s already eating in my tank and swimming around. I’m worried that the white color might be it’s natural pattern? It’s defiantly skinny so I’ll be feeding heavy with sheets of seaweed, frozen mysis and new spectrum pellets. Do you think the white will turn to yellow? Maybe it’s a age thing? I know they change color with stress but I haven’t seen any of the white change color just the yellow durning transfer Thanks in advance

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dirtyxducks19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
921A7B04-3FAC-4DA6-AF02-BC8092E119FA.jpeg

OP
OP
D

dirtyxducks19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any good recommendations? I use a lot of Amazon prime so that’s preferable but what brands. I just took a look at the stuff I have and it doesn’t say nori anywhere just premium seaweed. The snails and crabs love it but the fish occasionally nip at it

wareagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be four inches in less than 6 months, they are eating and growing machines. He'll be a very happy fish once he realizes your plan to fatten him up lol.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any good recommendations? I use a lot of Amazon prime so that’s preferable but what brands. I just took a look at the stuff I have and it doesn’t say nori anywhere just premium seaweed. The snails and crabs love it but the fish occasionally nip at it

Blue Meg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like one of the silver and yellow type. It’s a normal variation as far as I know. Your fox face looks happy. Mine eats the brine shrimp mixed with algae but I also feed it nori. Yours is the same size as mine was a few years ago. It’s grown to six inches and is the ruler of my tank (not in a bad way).

Have fun and don’t try to grab it if you have to take it out of the water with a net. Those dorsal spines will hurt.

Back