Rescued a Rescued Scoly …

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title says it all I rescued a rescued scoly according to vendor. What’s the chance this one regains it’s roundness? I went for it , it has nice scrolling colors in mouth area. Curious to see if it regains the round form, should be a beauty if those colors take off through the center. I’ve cut a couple before with good outcome. I’m hoping this one will fair well. I used my points so there’s very little cost invested here.
B8B67E27-DC33-4042-995A-DDA5E07FB945.jpeg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think given time it will likely recover some of its shape. Not sure how perfectly round it will be, but eventually it should grow more skeleton than it currently has.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck! That will be amazing if it fills in the other side with some of those reds and yellows. It actually looks in decent health.

OP
OP
DHill6

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I’m hoping for, the swirls. Should be a 4-5 color war paint.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you are in the hobby for a long haul and can keep corals alive, I see no reason why this won't grow into a beautiful large coral. Not sure if it will be perfectly round, but who is to say that it was round to begin with. I know most are before being cut, but idk if it's oblong and has these colors...who cares?

OP
OP
DHill6

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It'll probably take a few years for it to regain its circular shape again.
It didn’t take very long for the ones I cut in half to regain their shape. I was surprised. Of course this one was a pie type shape. It already looks to be growing, it will be interesting.

OP
OP
DHill6

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you are in the hobby for a long haul and can keep corals alive, I see no reason why this won't grow into a beautiful large coral. Not sure if it will be perfectly round, but who is to say that it was round to begin with. I know most are before being cut, but idk if it's oblong and has these colors...who cares?
Exactly. A couple of mine are a hybrid of some sort, anyone I asked hasn’t seen them before. Not round.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back