Resistance Is Futile - 90g "Borg" Cube

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks good. Lol I can stare at rocks for hours. Family literally thought something was wrong with me when I was doing the scape in my 180. It doesn’t matter how good it is if I look long enough I’ll find something I don’t like. So I just walk away and come back later to see if I still like it.

OP
OP
Aaron-A2

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a live video of the aquascape. I'll get an actual video out with the full process later this week.

I'm still deciding on what to do with the tower, so there may still be some changes:

OP
OP
Aaron-A2

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting work done!

20180802_200007.jpg

OP
OP
Aaron-A2

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man. Right now, I need more RODI water... Did a water change on the 250g and used the old water instead of fresh rodi. Letting my brute fill up over night.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aaron, really nice build man! Looks like you are doing it all with high quality stuff and it looks great! I'll be following from here on.

And Seven of nine is the perfect name for the dominate female.

OP
OP
Aaron-A2

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And Seven of nine is the perfect name for the dominate female.

Right???

It's going to be a slow build, but I'm fine with that. Let me ask you... if given the opportunity to start a fresh tank, would you add nems before the clowns or the clowns before the nems? Originally my plan was to add nems first and let them establish, but without some fish in the system it will take longer to become established/mature (on a grander scale).

Either way, I plan on adding a starry blenny or some perching fish early on.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see much difference either way. My personal approach would be the nems first and then the clowns.

How about doing a fish or two on loan from your other tanks until you are ready to add the clowns? Or buy a fish for the Borg Cube and then when you are ready to start with the clowns you can move the new fish to one of the other tanks? I had pretty good luck catching fish to move from place to place when I had 4 tanks set up (2010 until a few months ago).

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see much difference either way. My personal approach would be the nems first and then the clowns.

I will do that also. Anemone first and then Clown(s).

PS. also a Star Trek fan.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking a handful of high end BTA's, some rock flowers, and if I'm feeling saucy a mini maxi

Just a note for information purposes. I have lots of RFA's and a handful of mini maxi anemones. They appear to be completely compatible with each other. Even the tiny kids of my RFA's share a rock with a couple of mini maxi nems.

I haven't noticed the RBTA's wanting to be down low in the tank when they have the choice. When my RBTA's split, it seemed one would usually move and way more often than not, it was off the rock in the sand and on to higher rocks in the tank. It's my opinion RFA's and MM's seem to like being on rocks at the edge of the sand more often than not. I see lots of RFA's when snorkeling in the Keys and most of them are attached to rocks in or very near the sand.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just a note for information purposes. I have lots of RFA's and a handful of mini maxi anemones. They appear to be completely compatible with each other. Even the tiny kids of my RFA's share a rock with a couple of mini maxi nems.

I haven't noticed the RBTA's wanting to be down low in the tank when they have the choice. When my RBTA's split, it seemed one would usually move and way more often than not, it was off the rock in the sand and on to higher rocks in the tank. It's my opinion RFA's and MM's seem to like being on rocks at the edge of the sand more often than not. I see lots of RFA's when snorkeling in the Keys and most of them are attached to rocks in or very near the sand.
Just got a rock flower. Put it exactly as you described.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Aaron-A2

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have clown yet? I might have a line on some for you :)

I do not! If you want to DM me some information, hit me up :)

Thanks for the details! As for the BTA's, I've got a contact with some CC lineage BTA's (CSB, Inferno, Lemon, etc) so that's probably the direction I'm going. As for RFA/MM, the only place I was looking at was local and AquaSD. AquaSD has SO FAR been true to in terms of picture vs. actual product, but I'm still waiting on daylight pictures of their pink ultra rock flower..

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back