(Resolved Happy) Mini rant about the Seneye Reef Monitor and their better customer service...

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to rant and I think writing about it will make me feel better... I recently purchased a Seneye reef monitor for my 25g lagoon build, primarily for the PAR/LUX meter. I'd read that it rivals some of the apogee par meters and it has more uses than just reading par bonus!

Setup is quick and easy I follow all of the instructions on the website and low and behold it wants me to purchase the primary features that I bought the Seneye REEF for :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. I do a quick search on R2R and find that this is something that happens from time to time and can be fixed with a push from Seneye... the common issue is it thinks you purchased a "Home" or "Pond" version of the Seneye. So I contact customer support with my issue, they ask for my proof of purchase, I provide them with all the information they ask for almost immediately and within their designated business hours... and now I'm let waiting... and waiting... and waiting. I want to return it out of bitterness but know I want it for all the features it offers ARGH!!! LOVE HATE LOL... Why is customer service with all reef gear companies junk? I've had poor experiences with Ecotech, Coralvue (Maxspect) and now Seneye is getting added to the list. They want so much money for their products and we the community are left to troubleshoot AND PAY for expensive gear... disappointing... I wish these companies hire a primary person to answer questions and handle customer service the bar is so low in this industry... end of rant....

1616131066681.png

I'm sure this will be solved tomorrow morning... I just need to express my frustration about nonworking reef gear.

Thanks for reading... anyone experience something similar?

shanescycling

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to contact them for the same issue. While not instant they were pretty good at getting back to me the next business day usually. dang time difference between west coast and England made it seem longer though.

OP
OP
BighohoReef

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got resolved this morning. I totally spaced on the time zone difference @shanescycling was right, quick fix with a push this morning. I’m just being an impatient reefer :). Kudos to Seneye for fixing the issue.

reeferKen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you fix it or did they have to fix it on thier end? Thanks and glad your get a response from them

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 44 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back