Restarting 275 FOWLR, need 72” LED light suggestion

FL-SCOOPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I’m looking to restart my 275 tank as a FOWLR and I need to buy a 72” LED light for it. I would like it to have the option. Of regular daylight, night (blue) light only and moonlights

I’ve been out of the hobby for over 8 years and know there has been a lot of advancements. Looking for suggestions on best options not going to break my bank.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t help with the specific question but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some attention

And welcome as well!

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For 72", your only options are VHO which are 72 inches, or pairs of 36" T5s. I don't know if any LED Bars have 72" models, so you might be down to pairs of 36" also.

You could consider just using 60" and living with the 6" on each end not having as much light. Not a bit deal with a FOWLR. If you can do this, a 2 bulb60" T5 should be fine and you can use the bulbs for many years or until they burn out.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a single Orbit Marine 72" LED on my 180 FOWLR. This light is exactly what you are looking for. It shows the colors of the fish well, has a ramp up-down feature with moonlight, built in timer and adjustable color spectrum.

It is perfect for a FOWLR since it is not bright enough to make algae explode all over the tank.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I’m looking to restart my 275 tank as a FOWLR and I need to buy a 72” LED light for it. I would like it to have the option. Of regular daylight, night (blue) light only and moonlights

I’ve been out of the hobby for over 8 years and know there has been a lot of advancements. Looking for suggestions on best options not going to break my bank.
Fleabay buy..

Beamswork makes a 72" light but it is bare bines and a relative k temp of about 10000.

Floowid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a 72" Current USA LED fixture for a 135 freshwater tank. It was about $300. It has a built in timer which also has ramp up to sunrise, daylight, ramp down to sunset, moonlight, then off. You can set the RGB and White channels for all those modes. It's pretty slick, provides the right amount of light for fish only, and doesn't break the bank.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back