mehaffydr

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of anemone is this? I can't get my clowns to look at my RBTA

It’s a RBTA, I’ve heard that sometimes clowns won’t have anything to do with them so I guess I just got lucky. I put the Anemone in the tank and it was only a few days when the clown was in it.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can say is WOW. I received 3 of my Kessil lights today.... but I am extremely please with this purchase. Now to just give them some time and see how the tank likes them.

I also got three Kessil lights for my 180 yesterday. I am going to install them soon. Do you get Kessil's controller, too? I am wondering how I can ramp up and down the light intensity to create a dawn and dusk effect.

OP
OP
mehaffydr

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did get the controller and I'm glad that I did. Not only does it have the ability to ramp up/down daily for dusk to dawn but it has lunar cycles and it has a feature for acclimation so that it will increase intensity over a couple of weeks to acclimate your tank to the new lights.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's interesting. Thank you for the information. I was debating whether I should get the controller or let my Apex Fusion handle the ramping up/down function.

OP
OP
mehaffydr

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on which lights you have may make that decision. Last I checked Kessil still did have the connection for the 360X. If you have the 360W it is ready to connect to Apex.

gcrawford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! I've not looked at the local forum in quite some time....nice to see it's still going. I just checked out the new Kessils and I can't believe that they took away apex control. I wonder if that's coming or we're forced to get their controller. Must be a reason for it - possibly more control than just 0-10v for blue to white spectrum. Maybe there are other controllable spectrums. I've had the 360we lights for some time and like them. I've tried a few different types of lighting and have achieved the best results using Reefbreeders Photon gen1 units. Problem was some individual leds burned out so I sold them. It's hard to beat that Kessil shimmer though. Paired with T-5 they do really well.

-g

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the controller today. I downloaded its user's manual but it is rather cryptic. Do you just have to play with it to see how it works?

Monkeynaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the controller today. I downloaded its user's manual but it is rather cryptic. Do you just have to play with it to see how it works?

If you haven’t seen this yet, maybe it will help.

Also this video starting at 3 minutes talks about the spectrum programming options.

My take is that the red, green, and violet are already utilized in the normal color adjustment wheel and are in the proportion kessil thinks is correct for proper color growth. So adjusting those individually is going off script from the proportions of each of them kessil thinks works best.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, Matt.
I will take a look at the first video since I have already seen the second one.

Kessil's user manual says "Choose the program", but it does not explain what programs are included. Then it says "Choose the group" and shows a box with a bunch of numbers, but it does not explain what they are. I find their user's manual really lacking. I am so used to user's manuals that are lengthy and very wordy because of my work (which can be frustrating, too, in a different way. lol.) Thank goodness for BRStv! I am a big fan of their "BRStv investigate" video's.

OP
OP
mehaffydr

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found the user manual useless. I just kept playing with mine until I figured it out.
Thank You Monkeynaut for the video links those help.

OP
OP
mehaffydr

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have but I am still working on getting exactly what I wanted. I like a little for blue/purple than what I got for the Kessil presets so I have been slowly adjusting. Its kind of a pain because you have to go through and set a lot of setting but the cool thing is you can adjust minute by minute.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got them going now, but I need figure out how to get my start time and finish time changed on the program 1 setting. I need to figure out what all the channels do to affect the overall coloration. Kessil colors seem to be better than Radion Gen4 but it still lacks something to make my pink birds nest look candy pink like under the previous Chinese (Evergrow) light. My corals under the old Chinese lights really look like they did under my MH Phoenix 14K light. They seem to know the spectrum control that Kessil and Radion are still missing.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this Youtube video by Kessil on Spectral Controller X. I am going to try this out today:
Hopefully, this will help me get the light working in the way I like...

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Youtube video helps tremendously. I got the color balance set up to my liking in manual mode. I will see if I can get it in the program and get the effect I want.

Sorry for the highjacking the thread. I should start my own thread on this.

OP
OP
mehaffydr

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Youtube video helps tremendously. I got the color balance set up to my liking in manual mode. I will see if I can get it in the program and get the effect I want.

Sorry for the highjacking the thread. I should start my own thread on this.

No problem at all actually want to thank you this information has helped a lot. I was happy with the lights but wanted to do some fine tuning but couldn't get it right this helped me get exactly what I was looking for.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great! I got mine working, too. I got mine stuck at Demo mode for some reason, but BRS whom I bought the lights from helped me get in touch with Kessil and got that fixed right away.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back