• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Restarting Tank- Need a bunch of items

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a hiatus from the hobby for the past two years and will be restarting a new tank. As such, there are a ton of simple items I'm going to have to buy again. Before I do, I figured I would check here in case anyone wants to do some "spring cleaning". I'll be updating this list as I remember items I'll need. Shoot me a message with what items you have. Will likely need to be shipped to VA.

1: Test Kits for Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate - just need this to monitor the beginning cycle. As such, don't need that many tests.
2: Test kits for calcium, phosphate, kh, magnesium
2: Refractometer
3: Black Box LED light
4: Magfloat
5: Any leftover bacteria in a bottle products (stability, microbacter 7, dr. tims, etc.)
6. Small powerhead for mixing (something like a maxijet or another robust easy powerhead)
7. 10-20lbs dry rock
8. Fish pellets (will be using for cycle, if I can't find, I'll likely just use pure ammonia).

Mppp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought my Dr Tims One and Only bottles on Chewy.com ( bought a bunch of the 2 oz bottles which are much much cheaper than any of the other aquatic sites). Don't forget to buy the Ammondium Chloride as well.

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to search the forums, someone in Salam just listed stuff a few weeks ago from Salem.
You ever come up to Staunton? I might be of some help.

devolver02

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 mars aqua 300 watt lights that id like to sell. pm me for a price. im a little far away but I think I could ship pretty easy

OP
OP
andrewey

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the offer, I've now sourced the dry rock, fish food, refractometer, light, and bacteria.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back