Restocking after most of fish died

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it’s only been a few days since my last fish died and it’ll be a few months before I can begin adding fish again but I need help with how to go about adding back the fish I lost.
Hopefully the remaining fish will survive
A watchman goby, 3 pj cardinals and a 6 line wrasse.
I’d like to put back the fish I lost but not sure in what order and how many at once ?
this is my restocking list:
A pair of clownfish
Royal gramma
Midas blenny
Tailspot blenny
Foxface
Coris
Coral beauty or flame angel
Scott’s wrasse
Naoko wrasse
Mandarin goby (I won’t add until tank and pods are mature and established)
I’m also planning to upgrade to a 175-200 gallon within the next year and I’ll buy a juvenile foxface so his adult size won’t become an issue
I’m also undecided on putting the 6 line back in because of potential territorial and aggression.
Ideally I’ll put the 5 remaining fish back first then I’d like to add the clownfish, gramma and blennies next after quarantining, can they all be added at the same time or should some be added before others ?
Personally, Avoid Scott’s wrasse or any wrasse from that complex. Since you want another wrasse from that genus it will most likely go down hill, If you want to see how I’m making a C. melanomarginatus work out with 4 other wrasse (and a H. Chloropterus working with this group) then I will explain it in my 4’ build thread in a few days when I figure out how it is working out.
When you say “Coris” wrasse do you mean the yellow “coris”, green “coris” or the true Coris wrasses?
Ditch the sixline, these as said above have a chance of giving hell to other wrasse and fish. I recommend adding the two blennies at the same time for ultimate chances of success.

OP
OP
Hilltopreef90

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, Avoid Scott’s wrasse or any wrasse from that complex. Since you want another wrasse from that genus it will most likely go down hill, If you want to see how I’m making a C. melanomarginatus work out with 4 other wrasse (and a H. Chloropterus working with this group) then I will explain it in my 4’ build thread in a few days when I figure out how it is working out.
When you say “Coris” wrasse do you mean the yellow “coris”, green “coris” or the true Coris wrasses?
Ditch the sixline, these as said above have a chance of giving hell to other wrasse and fish. I recommend adding the two blennies at the same time for ultimate chances of success.
I’m referring to a yellow Coris wrasse the one that has the black dot on it’s fin and hides in the sand. I would like to know what wrasses on my list are compatible and keep in mind within a year I’ll be upgrading to a 6’ tank

OP
OP
Hilltopreef90

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m referring to a yellow Coris wrasse the one that has the black dot on it’s fin and hides in the sand. I would like to know what wrasses on my list are compatible and keep in mind within a year I’ll be upgrading to a 6’ tank
Lol, kind of funny out of all my fish that died the 6 line survived. I kind of feel like she earned her place in the tank or at the least another tank she can call her own
1636710650946.png

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, the scotts wrasse won’t always 100% work out in a tank because they’re known to be aggressive, The yellow corks is actually Halichoeres chrysus and is compatible with the other wrasses on the list, be careful since naokos can be aggressive towards other fairies but I have yet to see it. I think the rest will work though.

OP
OP
Hilltopreef90

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, the scotts wrasse won’t always 100% work out in a tank because they’re known to be aggressive, The yellow corks is actually Halichoeres chrysus and is compatible with the other wrasses on the list, be careful since naokos can be aggressive towards other fairies but I have yet to see it. I think the rest will work though.
What about a melanurus wrasse ?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a melanurus wrasse ?
That should work just be careful since these can be more on the moderately aggressive side of Halichoeres (Nowhere near the larger species’ aggression). I find as long as the melanurus goes in last or close to last it will be alright.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6 line, yellow coris. Pintail fairy and rhomboid wrasse in my tank now that seem to cohabitate fine even with my indigo dottyback and purple psuedochromis which resemble wrasses also.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back