Results are in for Calcium supplement certified testing. How'd they perform? | BRStv Investigates

What type of Calcium & Alkalinity chems do you use?

• Bulk Reef Supply Chems

Votes: 40 51.9%
  • (Other) Aquarium brand chems

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • DIY or Tech options (i.e. Prestone, Epsom salt...)

Votes: 10 13.0%

• Total voters
U

User1

View Badges
ms wages sells a food grade calcium hydroxide (pickling lime) and calcium chloride (xtra crunch/crisper) . In this video we used the calcium chloride and in hindsight I think we could have been clearer about that :)

Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. Hope you have a great weekend!

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What Mrs Wages pickling lime did you use? I've used that in the past and what you showed in this video looks different. Food grade calcium hydroxide with no additives or preservatives is the standard package and powder. The video shows pellets or something different. Figured I'd ask not that it matters much.

Videos are good and thanks for doing them. From a big data perspective I wonder how many people use packaged aquarium products vs. any of the DIY sources and their differences of success.

I've personally only found Mrs Wages for sale one time and it was in large flakes....going by memory they flakes were about 1/4" across on average. (I didn't use it...was mostly a curiosity.)

clark griswold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty meh on the Spectracide video personally.

But I would love love love more ULM updates. BRS160 too but I'm really missing the ULM series the most.

ULM ULM ULM

clark griswold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@randyBRS also a spotlight video on the new ApexEL would be......

tenor.gif

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Randy and BRS. Well done. And kudos to Brightwell as well for having the confidence to put their product up. Have a lot of respect for that

In addition to the video on Spectracide Stump Remover it would be grand if BRS had an affordable option we as reefers could trust for supplementing nitrate the same way we have come to trust your other products.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back