Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A2986FBC-08FF-4873-B8A5-88D3AAF9E497.jpeg

OnyxPerc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have hydroids in my tank and I have not noticed any decline in the inhabitants since I started seeing them. For a while I had TONS of them, but I'm seeing less and less of them now.

ThemytB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an outbreak in the first month of my tank, the ones i could see the base of i just scraped away with a baster and sucked up the remnants, the others i used aptasia x on, i still have a couple straglers, but none of the murdered ones came back(at least not in the same location-dont know if they can migrate somehow). They dont seem to be multiplying anymore, maybe even dying off-either way I'm not nearly as worried about the remaining ones anymore after seeing how easy they were to kill.

OP
OP
U

ummwhy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update... it went from a few to an infestation. I did some research, asked a few people on what to do. Don’t feed the tank pods during all of this‍. High wattage lasers don’t work. Maybe something to do with the color of the hydroid. The staff at the lfs recommend kalkwasser paste. I didn't see an easier way of getting to all of them without pulling the live rock out. I took them out, put a pretty good coating of kalkwasser on them, and let it sit for a while. Then proceeded to scrape the live rock with a brush. Followed by a ro rinse, and putting it back into the tank. That was 7 days ago, haven’t seen stringy things since.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 75 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back