Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took my dog to the groomer this morning and when I went to pick him up we got to talking about my fish tank and the groomer said she had a box of shells and a "coral backdrop" in her shed that she would give me instead of throwing it in the garbage (she used to own a small pet store years ago and I've known them for many years, actually dated and was engaged to one of her daughters. Glad I dodged that bullet). We go to the shed and pull out this big box filled with packing peanuts. Put the box in the truck and grab the dog and head home. So I pull this "coral backdrop" out and all I can think of is this has to be some kind of bathroom decor from some 70's styled home. I'm looking at this thing wondering what the heck to do with it. The other coral skeletons are awesome and I'll definitely use them once I get my fish room built and going but this "coral backdrop" I just don't know about. Maybe set up a retro decorated tank like back in the day when people decorated their tanks with coral skeletons bought at the furniture store?

Ok, here are some pics so you can see what I'm talking about.
IMG_2567.JPG

IMG_2566.JPG

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The big piece is a bit much, but I would definitely have no problem with any of the others in my tank. That piece in the back center is VERY interesting.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely wouldn't put it in the tank, just because it is primarily white and will be covered with algae after a couple of weeks. I would throw it on the shelf in your fish room :)

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely wouldn't put it in the tank, just because it is primarily white and will be covered with algae after a couple of weeks. I would throw it on the shelf in your fish room :)
I turned the big backdrop into coral rubble by separating (breaking) the coral from the back and bottom. It will do great in the sump once I cure it!

Back