!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Return Pump HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coraldiva

LED
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm upgrading to a 240g tank and need a new return pump for it. I want it to be energy efficient and push close to 2,000gph . Any suggestions? It would be greatly appreciated.

MadMax

MARINE AQUARIUM EXPO
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A standard "Sequence Dart" would probably fit your needs under two conditions: 1) you have relative high-capicty on the pump feed (a 2" feed is required for the Dart) and 2) you have relative low head pressure for the return. The Sequence Dart is very energy efficient but only in low load conditions. In other words, it is a good water mover, but it is certainly not a presssure-rated pump by any means.

For high-head applications, a pressure-rated pump such as the Iwaki series or Panworld may be more appropriate, but then it'll cost you on the energy consumption end

Last edited:

Shadowramy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always gone by matching my return pump (gph) with my skimmer pump (gph). Heard this along time ago, and seems to work well. Using a Dart as a return with a Red Dragon 2000 skimmer pump. The Dart is spit off for my frag tank and CaRx also.

OP
OP
coraldiva

coraldiva

LED
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isnt the ATB Airflow for the skimmer and ATB Flow Star a return pump?

Anyone know who has the best deal for one of these pumps? I'm also looking to pair up a good skimmer with the ATB Flow Star 1800 without breaking the bank!

Thanks everyone for your input!! :D :D :D

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back