Return Pump Programming

TangoTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So I have been having issues with my feed mode codes lately which trigger the apex to cancel the feed mode automatically.

What I would like to do is for the return pump to just respond to one feed mode and not Feed A,B,C.

Here is my code for my two powerheads:

Fallback OFF
Set ON
If FeedA 000 Then OFF
If FeedB 000 Then OFF
If FeedC 000 Then OFF
If FeedD 055 Then OFF

now for my return:

Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedD 055 Then OFF

When I use my feed mode A, for example, it works correctly and turns the powerheads off (not the return) for 5 min and on automatically, but when I trigger feed mode D, which is my maintenance mode, everything is supposed to turn off for 60 min, but instead everything turns off and then a couple seconds later everything turns back on again...

Can anyone help me code the return to just respond to one feed mode regardless of wether its Feed D, I just want it to only turn off with one feed mode for 60 min.

Thank you for anyone that got this far and for any responses, I appreciate all of your time and help

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Configure the maintenance (wrench tool) mode for D to 60 minutes (rather than 5) and then just use 000. You can also use the Defer command at the end to add an additional delay.

Defer 000:30 Then ON

This will cause the device to delay turning on for an additional 30 (etc.) seconds. I do this for my protein skimmer to allow time for the sump water level to return to normal.

If you have a Sicce SDC you can also control the speed through IOTA.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TangoTang

TangoTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Configure the maintenance (wrench tool) mode for D to 60 minutes (rather than 5) and then just use 000. You can also use the Defer command at the end to add an additional delay.

Defer 000:30 Then ON

This will cause the device to delay turning on for an additional 30 (etc.) seconds. I do this for my protein skimmer to allow time for the sump water level to return to normal.

If you have a Sicce SDC you can also control the speed through IOTA.
Thank you for your response, unfortunately I dont think its an issue with the feed timer as the other timers are set the same to the default 5 minutes and they all work.

I only seem to be having an issue with my return for whatever reason....

Do you know of anyway to have it bypass all the other feed modes and only work with D?

As in something like:

If FeedA 000 Then ON
If FeedB 000 Then ON
If FeedC 000 Then ON

???? would something like that work?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TangoTang

TangoTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure what it is exactly that you’re trying to do. How many feed modes do you want - one? (A, B, C or all 3) And do you want D for a maintenance mode?
for the return I only want it to have the feed mode d, I dont want it to be triggered at all by another other feed mode

Upvote 0

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for the return I only want it to have the feed mode d, I dont want it to be triggered at all by another other feed mode
Just change FeedD to 60min (from the default of 5min) and use this line with your powerheads and return pump:

If FeedD 000 Then OFF

Upvote 0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • None.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back