Return pump screen protector

Piece of reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so im in the middle of making a custom sump and im trying to take advantage of as much room as possible

Just want to know how necessary is it for my return pump to have a screen on the inlet

I havnt gotten the glass cut yet but the pump inlet is around 15mm away from the glass panel,
Would like you guys opinion if i could go without one or possible use a mesh (fly screen type thing to screen on the end instead of the long bulky one that is made for the m1 vectra

20221002_172528.jpg

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so im in the middle of making a custom sump and im trying to take advantage of as much room as possible

Just want to know how necessary is it for my return pump to have a screen on the inlet

I havnt gotten the glass cut yet but the pump inlet is around 15mm away from the glass panel,
Would like you guys opinion if i could go without one or possible use a mesh (fly screen type thing to screen on the end instead of the long bulky one that is made for the m1 vectra

20221002_172528.jpg

You could do that. Look up gutter guard at Lowe’s or Home Depot. Also, mesh plastic canvas on Amazon or at any fabric store should have it in stock. It will work well.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back