Return pump.

Jason23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk if it’s normal. But my return pump makes bubbles when it flows back into the tank. Is there any way to stop this?? Ty in advance!! :)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It sounds like it is drawing air in from somewhere. It may be bubbles from the skimmer, there could be a small hole in the plumbing, the pump may be drawing air from the surface of the water in the sump if it is not deep enough, or the return could be too close to the surface of the main tank. If you turn of the skimmer do you still get bubbles? Do you have any pictures that you can share?

OP
OP
Jason23

Jason23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like it is drawing air in from somewhere. It may be bubbles from the skimmer, there could be a small hole in the plumbing, the pump may be drawing air from the surface of the water in the sump if it is not deep enough, or the return could be too close to the surface of the main tank. If you turn of the skimmer do you still get bubbles? Do you have any pictures that you can share?
I actually just figured it out. 1 it was because the power head was pushing water into returning water. And last i didn’t know you can adjust the nozzle to point a bit more down lol. Feel like an idiot. :( :)

OP
OP
Jason23

Jason23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually just figured it out. 1 it was because the power head was pushing water into returning water. And last i didn’t know you can adjust the nozzle to point a bit more down lol. Feel like an idiot. :( :)
Ps new tank so still figuring it out :D

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No worries! If you're not still learning, then you aren't trying hard enough! :)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 36 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.5%
Back