Return to DT

Plauri55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Saturday marks 76 days of fallow after a bout with ich. I hope to spend my 3 day weekend moving fish from hospital tanks back home.
Any general advice? The display tank is 75 gallons and it's being fed daily for the shrimps and Corals that are there. The fish returning are 2 fairy Wrasse, 1 clown, 1 Bellus angel, a lawnmower blenny, two pajama cardinals and a small shrimp goby.
Should I spread their return out over a few days? Temp and salinty adjustments. Try to bring QT tanks to match DT?
Safest way to move them without bringing any QT water with them?
Only lost 2 of my 10 fish to Ich and I don't want to mess things up at this last stage.
Thanks!

Mariette

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve gone through 2 bouts of disease and then fallow periods. This is how i returned fish:

Match temp and salinity
Catch and release
Easy

I returned 2 fish at a time in my 55 g a week apart w no issues. I assume you could get away w more in a 75. I wouldn’t return them all at once. Less aggressive fish 1st.

Good luck and congratulations :)

OP
OP
Plauri55

Plauri55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve gone through 2 bouts of disease and then fallow periods. This is how i returned fish:

Match temp and salinity
Catch and release
Easy

I returned 2 fish at a time in my 55 g a week apart w no issues. I assume you could get away w more in a 75. I wouldn’t return them all at once. Less aggressive fish 1st.

Good luck and congratulations :)
Thanks!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back