returning to hobby after long hiatus [Raleigh, NC]

TerraMagnus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm Magnus. I live in Raleigh, North Carolina [USA]. I also run a blog, an Instagram, and now even a YouTube under this same username for anyone who might be interested.

I think I killed my first fish when I was 5 years old, trying to do a water change the wrong way. But it seems that for most of my life, I've had freshwater and saltwater aquariums around me. I even worked in a pet shop for awhile and married one of my coworkers.

There was one particularly odd period of my hobby where my apartment was filled with tanks & pickle jars, all housing Hippocampus zosterae seahorses... with BBS being hatched out daily to feed the young.

The 2000's were rough years for a lot of people, and after a few bad years we took all of our tanks down, sold them off, and started trying to put our lives back together. We've definitely bounced back from all of that, and our kids have set up aquariums of their own.

Just this past weekend, I started cycling a 5 gallon nano reef in the kitchen.

IMG_1268.png

And now I'm looking at my little home office, scheming about setting up a rack of tanks. Cue "Hotel California".

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! Thank you for the introduction. We’re glad you’re here!

JustinSmi86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm Magnus. I live in Raleigh, North Carolina [USA]. I also run a blog, an Instagram, and now even a YouTube under this same username for anyone who might be interested.

I think I killed my first fish when I was 5 years old, trying to do a water change the wrong way. But it seems that for most of my life, I've had freshwater and saltwater aquariums around me. I even worked in a pet shop for awhile and married one of my coworkers.

There was one particularly odd period of my hobby where my apartment was filled with tanks & pickle jars, all housing Hippocampus zosterae seahorses... with BBS being hatched out daily to feed the young.

The 2000's were rough years for a lot of people, and after a few bad years we took all of our tanks down, sold them off, and started trying to put our lives back together. We've definitely bounced back from all of that, and our kids have set up aquariums of their own.

Just this past weekend, I started cycling a 5 gallon nano reef in the kitchen.

IMG_1268.png

And now I'm looking at my little home office, scheming about setting up a rack of tanks. Cue "Hotel California".
Welcome from Fayetteville

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.0%
Back