Review of the Maxspect Advanced Gyre Controller

Heath Biggers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the gyres. I have many of them. They do require work. Here is the main issue I have been having and I've wondered if anyone else has seen a solution to this. The bushings were originally made out of a solid ceramic I'm assuming. Now it is a plastic ring with some sort of metal core. The metal part breaks and I keep about 20 on hand, the original solid white ones did not. Coralvue told me that they do not make that original one anymore. Anyone know where to find them or had similar problems

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question.
Will the Gyre advanced controller run the "Ice Cap" Gyre pumps. If it does and I'm understanding the Gyre advanced controller. You can run two pumps off of one controller??
Thank you in advanced for any feedback.

BAngieB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, the Maxspect advanced controllers will not run the IceCap Gyres. You will need an IceCap Gyre controller which will only run one pump. If you want to run two gyres on one controller go with the Maxspect Gyres.

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, the Maxspect advanced controllers will not run the IceCap Gyres. You will need an IceCap Gyre controller which will only run one pump. If you want to run two gyres on one controller go with the Maxspect Gyres.

That's what I thought. I'll just have to have two separate controllers then.

Saul jasso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just threw my maxspect gyre away. Thing broke in every way. Rotors broke, motor broke, plastic connecting the rotors through the motor broke. And then maxspect wanted me to buy new rotors and a new motor.

Glad they stand by their products. Atleast I got to keep the magnets.:/

Bought a Jebao and the thing is still pushing strong. Ill never buy anything from maxspect again.
I agree with u .

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know just like any hobby you have the quote in quite high and low end products. Ok some of it is a very clear line. But for the most part I've been reading reviews and it seems to be cut down the middle on negative feedback. Most of which is user error, not understanding the limitations of the technology or having unrealistic expectation. I see the same situation with Freestyle and Racing drones. When it comes to hardware, manufacturers and vendors.
So you may not have a few bells and whistles. When it comes to this hobby. It's all about how dedicated or how lazy you want to be. How much you want to put into it or have something to all the work for you. Seriously most of the bells and whistles are for us not for the benefit of our tanks. Some things are demanding. Takes diligence, dedication and requires work.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back