OP
OP
Roberto CRC

Roberto CRC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually the method interested me a lot when I saw it here on this topic. However for more than I tried to follow the steps and their advice yesterday I gave up.

3 days ago I started the method again but after 2 measurements and 2 adjustments the kh kept going down, the pH was already in 6.9 and 7.1 with a high number of bubbles.

EuphylliaAddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually the method interested me a lot when I saw it here on this topic. However for more than I tried to follow the steps and their advice yesterday I gave up.

3 days ago I started the method again but after 2 measurements and 2 adjustments the kh kept going down, the pH was already in 6.9 and 7.1 with a high number of bubbles.

So the pH shouldn't ever move if you ping it, you gotta flood the reactor to like 6.7 pH internal, adjust the co2 input to match the pH you're after. You shouldn't be turning the solenoid on and off, if that makes sense. My internal pH is always 6.7 and the solenoid isn't turning on and off, it's just always at that rate of bubbles to that rate of pH, it takes a little tinkering. I wish they went more in depth with the science of the reactor than trying to sell you products on these videos... I ran a planted tank at 6.2 pH for months just by pinging the pH to start. It shouldn't be fluctuating in the reactor. If you're after 7.0 pH you ping it to 7.0 pH by the ammount of bubbles per second you feed the reactor. That's how you tune it. Don't buy any fancy pumps for effluent or input pumps, you just use gravity from your display and gravity feed the reactor, run the effluent at full rate, it'll make your numbers not budge.... Just try what I'm saying if you can, set the pH monitor to 7.0, and ping the bubbles per second to make sure it doesn't move around from 7.0. It's alot of adjusting. But that's how I do it anyway.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back