RFA attempted to eat my seahorse!!!

Saltwater2370

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a rock flower anemone about a month ago and he has quadrupled in size because I feed 3 times a day (seahorse tank). Today when I walked by my tank, my smaller seahorse was head first in the RFA and I was told these were safe for seahorses. The RFA had used his sticky tentacles and was pulling him into the center and trying to eat him! So I quickly grabbed the seahorse out of the RFA and everything has been fine but it sent me wondering if I should give the RFA to my fionce for his tank instead or keep it. Maybe it was just a rare event as I am not sure now. All thoughts are appreciated, and thanks in advance!

66B4A987-A8D5-422A-A33E-8F4F48493A53.jpeg DC8C88FC-D1E2-4240-8D08-2B6F8B6730DD.jpeg

OP
OP
S

Saltwater2370

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, glad I saved that little guy. Guess I’ll re-home my RFA. We have a lot of tanks so that’s not a problem at all. It was my first RFA ever and I really enjoy watching it grow and feeding it because my fionce has several of those and I think they are beautiful. But the tank is for seahorses so I’d rather keep them safe. Thank you

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
RFAs are safe with most fish, but not with seahorses. Seahorses are just too ill-equipped to escape.

If you want to keep it, you could hang a plastic breeder box in the tank, add some rocks and bits of stuff to the box, and put the RFA in that. Then the seahorses can't get to it and get stung.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back