OP
OP
ricenoodle

ricenoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything opened up nicely and is loving the flow pattern of Reefcrest and Lagoon modes mix. Here it is as of today, a little bit of every flavor =)

XSK1iRK.jpg

GmNha9u.jpg

Rmzk3xa.jpg

hx9bEmU.jpg

0ZU2nZ7.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ricenoodle

ricenoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next upgrade is going to be the screen net. Currently using my old BRS one from my 60 cube but the fit isn't quite right due to the size difference and overflow placement. Just placed an order from Artfully Acrylic for one and it looks to be super high quality and will not only do its job well but is clean and sleek. Now comes the waiting game. Here it is pictured in another thread.

HITXnoF.jpg

EpyFmLc.jpg

bQAiL78.jpg

sIQuYQt.jpg

UkRq06t.jpg

OP
OP
ricenoodle

ricenoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some livestock update. Drove all the way to San Marcos to pickup these 2 guys that came in from Quality Marine. A midas blenny and a ruby velvet wrasse. Super healthy with a big appetite and is always out and about.

5iqraA5.jpg

cm3Qn3I.jpg

4oTVwk1.jpg

OP
OP
ricenoodle

ricenoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's dangerous to live close to Aquasd :) Stopped by for some more goodies today to fill in some spots, can't wait for them to open up tomorrow.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful!

kilgoretrout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read your post. Amazing stuff!

Aren't you a little nervous to add all that coral so quickly ? I realized you used Tims but I'm still curious how you feel.

OP
OP
ricenoodle

ricenoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question! If this was my first tank or if i was unfamiliar with parameters then i definitely wouldn't do it. Way too much risk and costly if mistakes are made. But i'm on my 12th year in the hobby and it's not the first time i've used this technique while keeping a close eye on things in the early months and it has worked out so far.

kilgoretrout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question! If this was my first tank or if i was unfamiliar with parameters then i definitely wouldn't do it. Way too much risk and costly if mistakes are made. But i'm on my 12th year in the hobby and it's not the first time i've used this technique while keeping a close eye on things in the early months and it has worked out so far.

That is awesome; I had figured that much since clearly you are familiar with the whole process. It is a beautiful tank and I love all your coral selections. This is for sure one to follow.

OP
OP
ricenoodle

ricenoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is awesome; I had figured that much since clearly you are familiar with the whole process. It is a beautiful tank and I love all your coral selections. This is for sure one to follow.

Much appreciated it, loving the flowing look of everything and i don't have to worry about corals stinging each other so much as they're all in the same family. Always a plus.

OP
OP
ricenoodle

ricenoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted an even better light spread even though the XR30 Pro Gen 3 i'm currently using rocks so of course...XR30 Pro Gen 4 Pro inbound!

sm4pdeR.jpg

yfZuwGZ.jpg

OP
OP
ricenoodle

ricenoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's DANGEROUS living 10 min away from Aquasd :) Will haven't let me down once yet in the last 12 years of buying from his shop, top notch quality and selection. Been waiting all week for the Aussie shipment and swing by as soon as they were unboxing and WOW! Update coming soon ;Woot

UG2aiNL.jpg

North Borders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a fantastic tank! Do you have any issues with the euphyllia stinging one another?

OP
OP
ricenoodle

ricenoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problems at all, hammers coexist together no issues, with the torches i watch them touch slightly first for a few hours if no issues i move it closer as they are the most aggressive in the family. So far so good. The zoas and acans and candy canes i keep separate.

NYC_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What intensity do you run the XR30 at? Debating between the XR15 and XR30 for my 170 with a mixed reef

OP
OP
ricenoodle

ricenoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get the XR30 for better spread and if you decide to upgrade the tank down the road you already have a fixture that's ready to do it. I run mine at 34% intensity, i find that is best for this tank. I had it at 37% max but dialed it back week by week until things were happy and the pop was where i needed to go. I don't go any higher, the fixture is very powerful for what i need but i like the coverage so you can always dial the intensity down or up as needed.

OP
OP
ricenoodle

ricenoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has arrived, the WR30 Gen 4 Pro. HEI optics, better spread, more color spectrum and quieter cooling. Time to set this baby up!

Hu5Eet1.jpg

1qMQumj.jpg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back