OP
OP
ricenoodle

ricenoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome, those hammers really pop.
Are you still adding corals?

As of yesterday, i think i am done after adding a handful of new pieces. Everything is filled in to the max and when i checked this morning before work every crevice is pretty much filled in. Unless i come across something i can't live without i think this may be it. Once the new pieces acclimate i'll post an update video. This tank has been a joy to stock and really so little aggression issues when dealing with a species dominated tank.

OP
OP
ricenoodle

ricenoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you do anything differently if you were to do it again?

Hmmm good question. With this tank i was very careful about my equipment and livestock choices. Everything is performing as expected and this tank is literally dead silent. I can't hear a thing even standing next to it, no water running into the over flow or excessive pump or fan noise, so it works out. Livestock has been good also as far as getting it from a quality LFS and the high end equipment sure made the experience that much more enjoyable and easier to maintain this tank. I've never had a tank up to this point that was as easy to maintain and as nice looking as this one, so i guess i would have planned a space for a chiller somehow as temps currently fluctuate between 77-79. Not bad by any means but i like to keep my tank within a 1 degree swing max versus 2. I'll probably end up getting a JBJ 1/15 chiller down the road but i don't want to do that just as of yet because i will have to look at it everyday, so gotta plan out how i'll do it .

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm good question. With this tank i was very careful about my equipment and livestock choices. Everything is performing as expected and this tank is literally dead silent. I can't hear a thing even standing next to it, no water running into the over flow or excessive pump or fan noise, so it works out. Livestock has been good also as far as getting it from a quality LFS and the high end equipment sure made the experience that much more enjoyable and easier to maintain this tank. I've never had a tank up to this point that was as easy to maintain and as nice looking as this one, so i guess i would have planned a space for a chiller somehow as temps currently fluctuate between 77-79. Not bad by any means but i like to keep my tank within a 1 degree swing max versus 2. I'll probably end up getting a JBJ 1/15 chiller down the road but i don't want to do that just as of yet because i will have to look at it everyday, so gotta plan out how i'll do it .

Chiller is a must. After I added a chiller to my last tank, I was able to rid myself of stressing about temperature fluctuations. I run a 1/10hp TECO chiller from my old system. It hasn't been hot enough lately to turn on for long, but my temperature doesn't swing more than a degree ever. 77.9 to 78.7 degrees. And this is in the last month+. It's in the 80's these days up here in the San Francisco Bay Area (the recent high winds and temps suck for all the fires, ugh.)

OP
OP
ricenoodle

ricenoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i'm leaning toward one, i just have to make sure the looks is fitting with the tank and stand, wifey and all.

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i'm leaning toward one, i just have to make sure the looks is fitting with the tank and stand, wifey and all.

Most chillers look industrial and really ugly, it's true. Some are passable. Someone needs to make an Apple-esque chiller, or something that looks beautiful enough to showcase ;)

OP
OP
ricenoodle

ricenoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK i think i am now Maxed out on space. But i had to pick up some pieces i''ve been eyeing the last couple weeks at AquaSD. I couldn't imagine if i own a bigger tank as i'd buy the whole store lol.

OP
OP
ricenoodle

ricenoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water change day!

Fi5rzkd.jpg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back