OP
OP
ricenoodle

ricenoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a 20 head colony of Fat Head Dendros last week. They are voracious eaters and each pollyps is a silver dollar size when open.

RKbiaKT.jpg

a273gfg.jpg

OP
OP
ricenoodle

ricenoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a handful of Maxi mini nems to do a nem garden. Here's my experience with it thus far. Although these guys have a milder sting and tend to not roam so much like BTA's they still like their feet secured and hidden. First day i got it i made sure there was rubble in the container and let them settle and grab a hold. After they all were secured onto the rubble i then put them on my sand bed. Thinking they would dig and and stay put over night, big mistake. In the morning they all had released from the rubble and and moved across the sandbed on to the rockwork!

YG53QeL.jpg

OP
OP
ricenoodle

ricenoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brainstormed it and decided on getting a bento lunch box container in black to match the sand and filled it with sand then rubble on top. That way they can dig in and not be blown away and still remain mostly hidden. First night and it worked! all remained where i placed them and their feet is wedged in between the container wall and the rubble.
a3OvRjr.jpg

Last edited:

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep coming back to this thread to look at pictures, your tank is really inspiring and I think I'm gonna take some pages out of your book for my cube that I'll be setting up soon.

OP
OP
ricenoodle

ricenoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep coming back to this thread to look at pictures, your tank is really inspiring and I think I'm gonna take some pages out of your book for my cube that I'll be setting up soon.

Thank you very much, i've documented this tank the most out of mine. Any information able to be taken away is always helpful.

OP
OP
ricenoodle

ricenoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this cool little anemone shrimp today. Didn't realized his tail markings look like a turtle emoji until I got home :)

20171024_162008.jpg

OP
OP
ricenoodle

ricenoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up some more goodies yesterday. ASD Lemonade Bounce mushroom and a colony of People Eaters.

20171025_190226.jpg

20171025_185414.jpg

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this cool little anemone shrimp today. Didn't realized his tail markings look like a turtle emoji until I got home :)

20171024_162008.jpg

Oh neat, pederson anemone shrimp? Those are tiny!

I used to have them in a small 4 gallon pico tank (with zoanthids only). These guys were so small, that they'd go through my overflow teeth and get chopped up sometimes =( I had to get super fine mesh to keep them from dying. Zoanthids were happy though...

I had about 5 in my little zoanthid tank. Such beautiful fish. I think they also could hangout in anemones, and probably really like your euphy collection.

I always wanted to do a small tank with these shrimp + trimma / masked gobies. I think with their translucent bodies they are a good match.

OP
OP
ricenoodle

ricenoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh neat, pederson anemone shrimp? Those are tiny!

I used to have them in a small 4 gallon pico tank (with zoanthids only). These guys were so small, that they'd go through my overflow teeth and get chopped up sometimes =( I had to get super fine mesh to keep them from dying. Zoanthids were happy though...

I had about 5 in my little zoanthid tank. Such beautiful fish. I think they also could hangout in anemones, and probably really like your euphy collection.

I always wanted to do a small tank with these shrimp + trimma / masked gobies. I think with their translucent bodies they are a good match.

This one is actually the biggest i've ever seen, a good 1.5", about the size of a mid sized cleaner shrimp, super cool guy.

OP
OP
ricenoodle

ricenoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i think with what i've put in the last week i'm officially maxed out spacewise, everything is super happy and i don't want to have to play coral juggle to fit. Will have to do an updated video this weekend.

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i think with what i've put in the last week i'm officially maxed out spacewise, everything is super happy and i don't want to have to play coral juggle to fit. Will have to do an updated video this weekend.

Haha, I feel like you said you were maxed out weeks ago ;)

Looking really good!

OP
OP
ricenoodle

ricenoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was running Coral Lab AB+ the last 2 months. Extension is good but i'm seeing that they are getting pale due to me only running the intensity at 35 percent for too long as i didn't want to cook the corals. So i'm ramping them up slowly in the upcoming weeks.

brad65ford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dmfdhn
I was running Coral Lab AB+ the last 2 months. Extension is good but i'm seeing that they are getting pale due to me only running the intensity at 35 percent for too long as i didn't want to cook the corals. So i'm ramping them up slowly in the upcoming weeks.

Thanks for the response, I too have a similar bb system and I'm running a hydra. Wondering how high your light fixture is off the water surface as well as your white channel. Seems the white channel can be an issue if to high.

Back