Ricordea? ID help please

LiftedLaser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone so pretty new to Reef keeping. I know someone getting rid of a good size group of this.... they said it was ricordea, but looking at other images and such I'm questioning that some ID help would be very appreciated. If it is Ricordea what's a reasonable price for this size/amount....it's probably 11-15 most around 2-3" around and all attached to a maybe 4-5lb rock...
20211015_161752.jpg

OP
OP
LiftedLaser

LiftedLaser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks more like a hairy mushroom
Thanks yeah I was confused looking it up because every picture of Ricordea I saw didn't look much like it at all. Any idea on the value of them like the while rock with all of it?

reefsamurai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are a long tentacle (forget the actual term since the feelers are on the open disc) rhodactis.

Price depends on a LFS, private sale or potential buddy but that many mushrooms I would expect $150-200+ retail. If they offer you under $100, take the shrooms and run.

eag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are a long tentacle (forget the actual term since the feelers are on the open disc) rhodactis.

Aah that is exactly what I have! The ones in the pic here look similar, but if they're the same I'd say they need to color up quite a bit. Mine takes a surprising amount of light for a shroom.

Here's one on live aquaria where they're selling for ~$50 a piece

reefsamurai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought one of these rhodactis at my LFS for $40 a piece. Not pink. The feelers are green and the base was super dark like a black light picture.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back