Ricordea Lighting Question

TDDredge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see various things about what kind of light is best for Ricordea. I am interested in a coral to go on the top of my rock work that isn't too taxing on my calcium (I have an acro frag and it will eventually be up there. Don't have room for a Ca reactor, so if I have calcium issues, I'll be dosing). It seems like Ricordea might fit the bill, but I wanted to throw the line out there. Can they handle higher light? I have a red sea reefer 250, the lights are 2x AI prime Hydra 32's, and I'm running the Saxby preset. The other thing that seems nice about Ricordea is I don't think they'd shade other corals too much. The left side of my tank is a dedicated Euphyllia area (and there will be torches added soon, I just honestly want to save up and get a Jester's Insanity torch...), and I have some zoas in the middle, but the top right side of my tank is kinda barren and I don't like it and I'm having slight coral addiction problems so something needs to go there and if possible I'd like it to be a ricordea. I mean I guess I can go with a montipora too, but I'd really prefer a high light ricordea.

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well in general they don't like the higher amounts of flow and or lighting in my times I have had them. Medium to lower on your scape is fine. The more par intense and more flow leave that area for the sps. The ricordea mushrom like to attach to substrate and rubble rocks/smaller rocks.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep most mushrooms at 150-200 par. I do recommend closer to the 150 range though.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back