RIP crabs

Mizzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.

Wanted to ask question. In last few days iam starting to find dead crabs in my reef. The dead crabs was 3 gorilla ones, 2 pearl crabs and 2 some not identified. I brought them home with live rocks months ago. Fishs are alive and doing well. Shrimps too.corals are fine too. Any tips what is killing them?

Water hqve good numbers and as i have small reef i change 10 perc weekly which doesnt seem to affect anything.
Thx for tips.

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally, most reefers would be excited to find dead gorilla crabs, as they are coral pests. Are you sure that they were dead crabs and not molts?
Is it a new tank? What fish do you have in the tank? What exactly are your params?

OP
OP
M

Mizzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally, most reefers would be excited to find dead gorilla crabs, as they are coral pests. Are you sure that they were dead crabs and not molts?
Is it a new tank? What fish do you have in the tank? What exactly are your params?
Thx for reply. Iam not saying iam not happy :-D iam just curious. Not 100 perc sure but when you open them there are full inside and i stoped finding them hanging at rocks. So they were probably dead. Tank have few months. I have 2 ocellaris 1 chrysiptera parasema and 1 lysmata wurdemani and some snails. Exact param i can do fresh and post in evening.

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are feeding? I use frozen food and see my crabs go crazy for it and I also throw in a clam or mussel a couple times a week so they have something to feast on.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back