Ripped the tip of a tentacle on my torch coral and now...

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My torch coral has been happy for as long as I have had it which is about 4 months. A week and a half ago I was doing a water change and was sucking some GHA out from next to the torch and I accidently pulled off the tip of a tentacle. Every sense that moment the torch has been less extended and I think it has even started to recede. I dipped it in a iodine dip 2 days ago without any noticeable benefit. Has anyone else done this or heard of this happening and did it recover or did it die off? Any suggestions?

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you did the right thing with the dip to prevent infection. At this point I would do whatever you can to not add any additional stress (ie: moving it around).

As for if it will survive, I cant say. I'm not really experienced with torches but when I had a hammer that got injured from my very lovely and totally loved cleaner shrimp, it did not make it. I did not do an iodine dip though, so I messed up there.

Photos currently?

OP
OP
Silent

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't take any pics because of direct causation. I know why it is upset I just wasn't sure of the outcome or possible solutions.

maugustine

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I injured my flame torch.. it looked like it was receding for next few days.. he only came 1/3 way out.. but then he was fine... due to some issues with my Unfortunately.. my touch torch went from super healthy for almost a year.. to dead in 3 days. Mine was not an injury

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back