RIPTIDE AQUACULTURE | Memorial Day Flash Sale| AFTER SALE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Next house will have an even bigger filter. We bypass the di for drinking water and to top off the fresh tanks so it gets used a lot.

Flow is another thing, I got the big gyre thinking I will run it low, same with return pump. Went one size up from what I thought I needed. It's ok, but I want more.
i would say you might wanna consider a roDi on top of your whole house. clear water is KEY to having a clean tank!

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Buying shipping module later. Really hopingbfor a nice drop....

When you fragging that one blasto??? @RiptideAquaculture

:*(
haha you know i have been growing that for 2 years at this point. im at the point where i know its gonna really start to take off. its hard to wanna cut them up at this point

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anthony Anderson Yes GIF by ABC Network
Watching for orange and yellows.
haha you know i have been growing that for 2 years at this point. im at the point where i know its gonna really start to take off. its hard to wanna cut them up at this point
I completely understand that.
is anyone cranking up the BBQ today?
Philly cheese steaks today, tomorrow Chipotle copy cat chicken burritos.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would say you might wanna consider a roDi on top of your whole house. clear water is KEY to having a clean tank!
It would trickle down the whole house would have a sediment filter. Carbon and to for the drinking and fresh water, and rodi for the salt. DI isn't good to drink, so that would have to tee off before. Fresh can be built up after di, but why?

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Watching for orange and yellows.

I completely understand that.

Philly cheese steaks today, tomorrow Chipotle copy cat chicken burritos.
they are worth the wait ill keep everyone posted!

Yum that sounds GOOD! today is gonna be my BBQ day as im pretty sure im gonna be fully involved with this sale lol

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
It would trickle down the whole house would have a sediment filter. Carbon and to for the drinking and fresh water, and rodi for the salt. DI isn't good to drink, so that would have to tee off before. Fresh can be built up after di, but why?
what do you mean fresh can build up? why is DI important?

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do you mean fresh can build up? why is DI important?
From my (limited) understanding fresh water needs something in it going into the tank. If I pull it after the di resin I would need to re add some stuff that was taken out.

I'm likely years away from needing that though. Seems to truck along with the hose and water conditioner for water changes and to top offs.

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Kind of thinking about smoking something, but fish is frozen and I don't want to go to the store... Because people.
I understand that! im enjoying the AC(FL Problems) at the moment and mason is smoking the food for my family. Its a pretty low key thing

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
From my (limited) understanding fresh water needs something in it going into the tank. If I pull it after the di resin I would need to re add some stuff that was taken out.

I'm likely years away from needing that though. Seems to truck along with the hose and water conditioner for water changes and to top offs.
so your correct when it comes to drinking water. as for the reef it is 100% normal and good to use DI water as it has no trace pho/no3 to build up or add to your reef. not to say you cant have a great reef with out Di but it sure make the algae not grow when your tank is new! as your tank matures it has the potentioal to process those nutrients well so. its a complicated issue that can be boiled down to clean water make algae headaches go bye bye

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'm putting a big ol brisket on the smoker and drinking copious amounts off whiskey for memorial day! And I'll be on here spending money
we are glad to have you! i was so post to do the same thing but familys pool is getting redone so we ditched the brisket till we have a pool to cool off in (FL is HOTT right now! instead of brisket tommrow we are having ribs and chicken today. i still haven't given up on drinking copious amounts of whisky for ether day!

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone use lps setting on xr15 g6 blue or g5
Same as Sam, ab+ when I ran those lights.

so your correct when it comes to drinking water. as for the reef it is 100% normal and good to use DI water as it has no trace pho/no3 to build up or add to your reef. not to say you cant have a great reef with out Di but it sure make the algae not grow when your tank is new! as your tank matures it has the potentioal to process those nutrients well so. its a complicated issue that can be boiled down to clean water make algae headaches go bye bye
I for sure won't skimp on the di. It's interesting though that the reef of the month doesn't use rodi. I think I remember the writeup saying just sediment and carbon. And it's a killer one.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
what kinda corals do you have in there? LPs Softy or Arco
I've actually got them all in there. When my Angel was rehomed to me I had to take a bunch out of my DT.
I need to hang the XR15 at 8". Have a whole plan that's now upended... just finished my DIY Arduino controller for some aged Galaxy Hydros i was planning to put into service.
IMG_4411.JPEG IMG_4392.JPEG

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Same as Sam, ab+ when I ran those lights.

I for sure won't skimp on the di. It's interesting though that the reef of the month doesn't use rodi. I think I remember the writeup saying just sediment and carbon. And it's a killer one.
so its an interesting theory.i really don't talk much about this but it this was a very similer conversation i had with Jake adams at lunch at RAP NY. he believed that in that fact as well and in fact some of reef builders tanks are supplied with water that is filtered with sediments and carbon blocks/sediment . this was a pretty long conversation we had but ill give the key notes of it.

you need to have a lot 3-6 carbon blocks in a row and mulit sediments
the flow rate needs to be pretty low as you want to give the filters enough time to collect all the organics it can collect.
Starting the tank at a low lighting settings
if you turn up the lights and expect to grow algae untell your reef or live rock has matured enough to process the extra nutrients. for the most part it also really matters where you live because every state county city processes water differently.

Back