RIPTIDE AQUACULTURE | Memorial Day Flash Sale| AFTER SALE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've actually got them all in there. When my Angel was rehomed to me I had to take a bunch out of my DT.
I need to hang the XR15 at 8". Have a whole plan that's now upended... just finished my DIY Arduino controller for some aged Galaxy Hydros i was planning to put into service.
IMG_4411.JPEG IMG_4392.JPEG
you might not know it but im a DIY freak really love seeing thinks like this!

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
so its an interesting theory.i really don't talk much about this but it this was a very similer conversation i had with Jake adams at lunch at RAP NY. he believed that in that fact as well and in fact some of reef builders tanks are supplied with water that is filtered with sediments and carbon blocks/sediment . this was a pretty long conversation we had but ill give the key notes of it.

you need to have a lot 3-6 carbon blocks in a row and mulit sediments
the flow rate needs to be pretty low as you want to give the filters enough time to collect all the organics it can collect.
Starting the tank at a low lighting settings
if you turn up the lights and expect to grow algae untell your reef or live rock has matured enough to process the extra nutrients. for the most part it also really matters where you live because every state county city processes water differently.
100% agreed. its noticeable when my tds is over 0. visually algae starts quickly; and I run my Nitrates in the 100s and my phosphates over 1 dosing copious pods and phyto daily. I would have expected a few ppm wouldnt make a difference but garbage in garbage out.
I've upgraded the whole house. DIY style - anyone can rent those pipe crimpers!
IMG_3476.JPEG -> IMG_3676.JPEG
I'm on the lookout for someone's old RODI system to convert into DI stages. want to try separating out my anions and cations to see whats what. probably should have installed a softener system.

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So what's the dealio for tomorrow?? You did Easter egg hunt, treasure hunt....what's for memorial day? Sink my battleship??
You know for a Monday sale we focused on making crazy deals! Nothing crazy beyond that! For the next Live sale we are going to have a creative theme for sure.

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
100% agreed. its noticeable when my tds is over 0. visually algae starts quickly; and I run my Nitrates in the 100s and my phosphates over 1 dosing copious pods and phyto daily. I would have expected a few ppm wouldnt make a difference but garbage in garbage out.
I've upgraded the whole house. DIY style - anyone can rent those pipe crimpers!
IMG_3476.JPEG -> IMG_3676.JPEG
I'm on the lookout for someone's old RODI system to convert into DI stages. want to try separating out my anions and cations to see whats what. probably should have installed a softener system.
I’ve never run a softener with an RO before I know it helps make the water feel better but I wonder if it cleans the water.

Over 100ppm wow now that’s crazy! What’s your alk at?

VAReefer1991

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the Teaseres posted are just a taste of want we are dropping before 12 pm EST tomorrow and if i showed you the prices it would be impossible for you all to control yourselves these are Gonna be DEALZ
Can i have a taste of some indophyllia :D
Ben Stiller Smiling GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’ve never run a softener with an RO before I know it helps make the water feel better but I wonder if it cleans the water.

Over 100ppm wow now that’s crazy! What’s your alk at?
I heard softening makes your membrane more efficient and your DI last longer is the only advantage because it strips out the alk and Ca (hardness).
My town is on well water so its really hard. Was great for Cichlid keeping because It was ready to go out the tap for them.
1685315300181.png

I'm dosing 4-8oz of phyto and a cupful of pods daily though so those readings may be off/indesciminate.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back