Rise of SilverSurfer's 33g

SilverSurfer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inital setup, we've gone with a 33g long tank, 48"x12" and oak pine stand that i stained to be little darker.

The Lighting is via coralife 260w which we are in the process of suspending instead of the holding legs.

Substrate: we used Aragonite sand, helps especially while i plan to keep clams down the road, so gives that extra dose of calcium to them, we washed it outside with hose in big bucket and let it complete dry out before adding water to the tank.

Filteration will be done with two AC110 Refugiums, we have one setup right now and will add a 2nd one soon as can be found here the DIY to it, takes 5mins to do:
http://www.fishforums.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/5705-my-diy-ac500-refugium.html

For Flow, we'll be setting a Koralia pump I havent' decided yet if want to add a 2nd one, as they push 400gph min.
koralia4er.jpg

We start by filling the tank half way with RO water:
33gsetup6.jpg

33gsetup1.jpg

Next, i have powerhead, salt, and RO water and big 20g bucket. Here i measure out enough salt for the entire tank, and mix it in the bucket then put powerhead on it for couple hrs.
33gsetup2.jpg

After adding it to the tank, the next morning as i ran a sponge in the Aquaclear to help clear it up quicker:
33gsetup4.jpg

So far after adding 30lbs of cured LR:
33g6.jpg

33g5.jpg

The Cheato green ball has now been moved to the AC110 with a dual PC Coralife lighting unit.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the surface skimmer advice....I got one and use it and have noticed cleaner water and cleaner surface of the water. I unhook it and hook it back up when needed. I leave it in the tank though and hook it up as needed.....Best $10 I have spent yet for my tank....

OP
OP
SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow some awesome tanks! gave me some great ideas. Am gonna need quite a bit more LR too yet lol.

Question, some of my new zoa frags are falling off the rocks, ive read superglue gel to attach rock to rock?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Welcome To Cz!!!! :D

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, im glad some people are into these tanks. :)

Yes i do agree about surface skimming. I had no sump for about a month and hated the setup until i got one. Using a Mag7 with a 10g sump &CSS65 (love it) for referance. :)

Good luck and i hope to see some zoa's in there soon! ;)

OP
OP
SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yup that'd be it.

My new koralia pump came today, o baby is that thing sweet! am gonna have to order another one they are just too cool.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back