IT'S OFFICIAL,THE INMATES ARE RUNNING THE ASYLUM NOW, JON DOE HAS THE UPPER HAND!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a petco that is about 25 minutes away from me that is actually really nice. The guy that runs the section is a hobbyist. It's weird seeing acropra, that looks healthy, at a petco.
dda0fze-748713ff-d08d-4118-82e1-9da7f70df1d6.gif

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one just over a mile away, doesn’t stock coral and barely has any fish. But will special order anything you want (just may take time).

I have at least 2 Petco a within an hours drive and 2 quality LFS and 1 Mediocore LFS in the same but yea. The one mediocore is nice because you can special order and they make up prices on the fly (sometimes good, sometimes bad). They have a ton of Aiptasia though

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a lot of my LFS through local clubs and FB groups. Amazingly, 1 I drove by on a regular basis, never knew it was there

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have one small mom and pop pet store that does occasionally get saltwater fish. Since the pandemic started they've probably gotten a dozen or so shipments in. There prices are great though when they have anything. They also don't do corals and inverts.
The owner wants to stop selling anything saltwater but the name of the store is inland reef so he says he can't completely stop.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one just over a mile away, doesn’t stock coral and barely has any fish. But will special order anything you want (just may take time).

I have at least 2 Petco a within an hours drive and 2 quality LFS and 1 Mediocore LFS in the same but yea. The one mediocore is nice because you can special order and they make up prices on the fly (sometimes good, sometimes bad). They have a ton of Aiptasia though

Haha I got one close to me with a large selection and some really nice coral, but again most of the prices are "on the fly". Unfortunately if the owner is not there they have to text him a picture and see if he wants to sell it and for how much. Got so frustrating now I just go there to look, but dont bother even trying to buy. Should not be that hard to buy from a store.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a lot of my LFS through local clubs and FB groups. Amazingly, 1 I drove by on a regular basis, never knew it was there
That honestly the best way to get healthy corals for cheap. I mean I have some corals I'd give away to anyone local.

ETA- I mis read I though you meant bought corals from local clubs and fb groups.

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I’ve gotten a few local and that is the best way to do it if you can. While my local groups are small, they go within minutes whenever any deals get posted

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back