RMF Red Devil - need help

Discussion in 'Top Shelf Aquatics' started by jessezm, Jan 9, 2019.

1. jessezm

jessezm Active Member

Hey folks! I got a few things in a TSA live sale about three months ago, and just wanted to ask what conditions you have your colony of RMF Red Devil under. Mine is at about 350 -400 Par (T5/LED combo - 60" Giesemann Aurora + 2 x 60" Reefbrite XHO strips in blue and 50/50), medium flow. Detectible but low nitrates and PO4. Alk at 8.5 - 9.0

The coral has encrusted a tad and shown a bit of vertical growth, but it just seems to be taking a really long time to do anything. The base is a brownish-gray and the polyps are the same muted color, with very little extension.

I was wondering if this is just under too much light? Or perhaps I need to run more UV lighting? Basically, I'm asking what your recipe is for those awesome base colors and red polyps...

I know it's not a simple question but any insight would be much appreciated!

Many other SPS in my system showing great growth and colors, but I seem to be having this issue with a few smallish frags (strawberry wine and pink floyd are the others).

Thanks!

2. jessezm

jessezm Active Member

Here's a pic

IMG_3753.JPG

3. TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor

I would consider dropping it to a lower PAR(towards the 300-350 PAR range)

4. jessezm

jessezm Active Member

I will try it, thanks

5. jessezm

jessezm Active Member

Whooos Double post

Draft saved Draft deleted