RO Buddie with DI attachment cartridge replacement

SinkyShippy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the 100gpd RO Buddie with DI attachment awhile back. The DI cartridge now needs to be replaced because most of the beads have changed color.

Does anyone know when the other cartridges need to be replaced (the membrane, carbon cartridge, and sediment cartridge)?

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
depends on how much water is being produced by the unit and your water TDS. Membrane's last few years, carbon and sediment usually once/year. RO Buddie units dont have transparent cartridge casing, making it difficult to visually monitor carbon and sediment cartridge conditions (one of the reasons when upgrading my RODI, I switched from RO Buddie to diff brand w clear canister holders). Check your owner's manual and keep track of water production rate, if performance decreases even though DI resin is good its usually sign carbon and sediment need replacing.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The carbon and sediment, I change every 6 months because they are cheap.
For DI, I just repack the canister cause that’s cheaper.
The membrane should last quite a while provided it is not drying out from not using on a regular basis.
This membrane would need changing when you notice a big jump in TDS.

So if your out of the tap is say 200 TDS and before DI is 20TDS or higher, change the membrane.

Good membranes have a rejection rate of 96-99% and should last a few years...

Nereaga

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you repack the DI canisters? I was always scared to try to unscrew them as they have been known to break? I hate buying the $20 replacement canisters, cheaper to buy resin and change it myself

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the 100gpd RO Buddie with DI attachment awhile back. The DI cartridge now needs to be replaced because most of the beads have changed color.

Does anyone know when the other cartridges need to be replaced (the membrane, carbon cartridge, and sediment cartridge)?

Don't go by the color change. You should go by the tds of the water coming out of the di cartridge. When it is > 0 you need to change it. If you go by just the color change you could be wasting weeks or months worth of good di resin.

Back