Ro-di trouble, PSI, and new additions

hawkbait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm on a well and burning through resin cartridges fast, same story different schmuck. I added a second membrane and a pump to you know increase my pressure well after hooking it all in i'm getting less pressure significantly less pressure. Ignore it not hanging up I took it down to do the mods, the water on my table is from a missed gasket that I found (we all make mistakes lol). I'm trying to figure out why I dropped pressure? Did the second membrane cause that, or did I wire it wrong?

IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1579.jpg

BlueZreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Typically every time I hear someone getting low pressure it’s from the flow restrictor either not being in place or being incorrectly sized. Verify you have yours in place. You can also check the waste output to product to determine if it’s not restrictive enough. Good luck!

OP
OP
hawkbait

hawkbait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Typically every time I hear someone getting low pressure it’s from the flow restrictor either not being in place or being incorrectly sized. Verify you have yours in place. You can also check the waste output to product to determine if it’s not restrictive enough. Good luck!
I will go check!!!

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well water contains CO2, it will kill your DI very quickly. You have to degass before running into the RO unit.
I think with a double membrane system the flow restrictor is @ the end or last membrane, nothing in the first one. Double check me on this.

OP
OP
hawkbait

hawkbait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on adding the step to get rid of the co2. It’s just not in the plans at the moment but will be soon! The flow restricter was the problem. Thanks!!!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back