RO/ID storage reservoirs for a large tank, what would/did you do?

RabidDragon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for any thoughts or recommendations on a RO/ID storage reservoirs for my 220 gallon system:

Facts I have:
  • a 220 tank that I want to be able to create enough of a water storage system to be able to do at least 40% water changes, preferably more.
  • a 7 stage BRS RO/ID water filter system in my utility/laundry room within my house the room is not large enough for water storage
  • a 50 gal Brute trashcan to store freshly created RO/ID water in my garage (other side of wall is utility room)
  • I live in Florida and my garage can easily hit temps of >100F in the summer

Obviously I will not be able to do 40% water changes with 100F water. I would kill everything in the tank. SO... the thought is to have the saltwater storage tank within the house. There isn't a convenient place to put a ~70-90gal tank. My thought was to purchase a rectangular tank of appropriate size and then build an wooden outer shell for it to make it look like a piece of furniture. Needless to say a certain female isn't happy about this idea.

I've found a 84g tank but the dam thing costs $388 and another $150 for the lid. I was going to purchase it but then found the shipping for it was going to be another $380 turning this tank into over $900 for a simple plastic box.

How have others solved this issue? Is there a cheaper solution?

Thanks in advance!

ReefCheef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I just bit the bullet this morning and paid $200 in shipping for my two 200 gallon Norwescos. I spent the last day and a half calling every tank distributor in a 300 mile radius. If you're in south Florida there are several places, if you're in the Panhandle area like me you're probably screwed. The closest place I could find with the tanks I wanted (no one had anything smaller) was in Mississippi. I didn't think it was worth driving 5 hrs each way to save the shipping cost. Probably costs more than that in gas. Hopefully someone has better advice, but if you're in my part of Florida, at least you dont have to waste 2 days calling around.

ReefCheef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw that you're in Jacksonville. There are several in GA not too far from you. If you go to Norwesco's website and check the distributor page you can find them. One of them might be able to help you and probably only a couple hrs away.

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about building an insulated shed in the garage for the storage tank(s) and use a fan with through-the-wall airflow to circulate house air

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back