RO units

BeckyReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all, looking for some guidance please? Going to order a 400l RSM S-400, and am thinking about installing my own RODI unit as I plan on 10% water changes weekly.
Thing is, where do I even start on what to look for - are there particular types, brands etc? Only ever had smaller tanks in the past and used to collect water from my brother 10 yrs ago for free - he had one back then but is it right you need to leave the tap running constantly to keep the membrane wet? Just thinking about wasting water etc, and also that I'll need to leave my external tap on so any overflow doesn't flood the kitchen just the patio - have designs moved on since then? Cheers in advance for any tips

Twoddler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I just installed a Vyair 4 Stage 100 plus, bought from Kracken Corals. Easy to install, I plumbed mine under the sink, I just followed the YouTube vid, added a TDS meter no fuss no mess when I filled my 1000 ltr tank.

Rozzys Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 5 stage, I run it in the out house I only have it on when I making 0tds water. And use waste to water greenhouse I’ve never heard it must be on all the time. I turn it on and off as required however I can see into some chambers and it looks always wet/full of water so I presume they don’t dry out.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back