RO Waste to 2.5” PVC Drain

GoneReefin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had a sink put in my garage and setup my RO system right next to it. Right now I’ve just got the waste line laying in the sink but I’d like to tap it right into this 2.5” PVC drain. It doesn’t look like saddle valves are big enough and the pipe right up against the wall so I don’t think I’d get one around it anyway.

Is there a fitting I can drill and screw into the drain that would accommodate the 1/4” tubing?

08C7B543-723B-4CF5-BE8C-A8B328AA675C.jpeg

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't put the RO drain into the PVC in the first picture (where it's near the wall). It *has* to be on the other side of the trap. In the other picture, you could attach it to the section of pipe between the trap and sink drain. Putting it after the trap will allow sewer gasses into your house.
If you really want to do it this way, get a tail piece with a dishwasher drain connection and plumb it into that. It'll take some adapters and hose clamps, but it'll be safer (and up to code, or at least closer to it).

OP
OP
GoneReefin

GoneReefin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why don’t you just mount the 1/4” RO drain line so it drains into the Sink?
Just trying to clean up the look a bit plus I’m bored looking for stuff to do while the kid naps his Saturday away

You can't put the RO drain into the PVC in the first picture (where it's near the wall). It *has* to be on the other side of the trap. In the other picture, you could attach it to the section of pipe between the trap and sink drain. Putting it after the trap will allow sewer gasses into your house.
If you really want to do it this way, get a tail piece with a dishwasher drain connection and plumb it into that. It'll take some adapters and hose clamps, but it'll be safer (and up to code, or at least closer to it).
Excellent call. So glad I posted here first

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KIS, Keep it Simply. Here Saddle “T” on domestic water lines are against codes, I would imagine the same applies to DWV. If you tap the Waste directly into a pipe, you can’t monitor or compare, made water amounts, to discarded water.

OP
OP
GoneReefin

GoneReefin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KIS, Keep it Simply. Here Saddle “T” on domestic water lines are against codes, I would imagine the same applies to DWV. If you tap the Waste directly into a pipe, you can’t monitor or compare, made water amounts, to discarded water.
Meh if I throw it on the sink drain before the P trap then that’s a lot easier to replace if ever decide to sell this house. I’ve never monitored my waste in the past, but if I need to for whatever reason I can always just disconnect it from the saddle valve.

Back