RO water storage and water change

hasher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just moved into a new house and set up a new 120g above my basement. I want to creat a continuous RODI system and then when needed to fill a container for water changes. So was thinking having the first container 30g for the RODI then have it piped to another 30g for water changes. Plan on having a ATO unit from the first container to the tank and a pump in the second container to fill after water changes. Those are my thoughts. Just wondering what others have or doing. Pictures would be awesome. Thanks.

dumpysauce

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do similar. Have 2 tanks. One for ro/ato and one for salt awc. I have a Avast barrel tender on the RO bin. Works great. Also the ato pulls from that bin. I manually fill and mix the salt bin that is hooked up to the awc system. it has a float which that tells me when it's getting low so I can mix more

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Search “mixing station” and you’ll find a thread about this with lots of pics.

+1. Additionally, Reef Builders and Waterbox Aquariums (and several other channels) have YouTube videos about their mixing stations.

I recently set up a similar system with (2) 65g Norwesco polyethylene tanks. I haven't added the AWC part yet, but I have added a Hydros controller to help with automating some of the process. As alluded to in another post above, the one part that I haven't figured out how to automate yet and that has to be done manually is adding the proper amount of salt when the RO water is moved from the RO tank to the saltwater tank.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back