RO Water System Question

LenG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been making water on a newly setup system with a BRS 4 stage RO/DI. It works great, but I'm wondering if my inlet water TDS number which is usually 1, is normal. I get 0 out. On startup after sitting it may start on 11 but quickly goes down to 3 or 4 and eventually goes to 1 and stays there. I've always thought we had good water here in Portland ME, but could it be that good?

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been making water on a newly setup system with a BRS 4 stage RO/DI. It works great, but I'm wondering if my inlet water TDS number which is usually 1, is normal. I get 0 out. On startup after sitting it may start on 11 but quickly goes down to 3 or 4 and eventually goes to 1 and stays there. I've always thought we had good water here in Portland ME, but could it be that good?
Same effect here in Chicago. Once the water gets flowing my TDS before the DI is usually 1 and the after the DI it’s zero. I just interpret that to mean the filters are doing their job.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water could be that clean, I suppose. I've never seen incoming tds that low myself.

I do have some questions though;

Are you sure that sensor is the incoming tap water and not after the ro stage?

Do you have any whole house filtration system installed?

Is this well or tap water?

OP
OP
L

LenG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same effect here in Chicago. Once the water gets flowing my TDS before the DI is usually 1 and the after the DI it’s zero. I just interpret that to mean the filters are doing their job.
Oh. I thought the "in" number represented the water from the house prior to any filtration. I'll have to take a better look at the plumbing of the TDS sensor. Thanks.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back