RO water?

jbarnett12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone live in the tri cities? If so. Where can I get water at? Don't really have a good location to setup a system.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ro/di unit does not need to be permanent. Attach to sink faucet, throw the waste line down the drain, fill a bucket, put in a closet till next wc or ato refil.

A 4 stage unit will pay for itself in 1/2 a year or less.

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Distilled water work just fine;)

Salt1823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can purchase ro/di water at Pet Cove or Sea Oddities in Kingsport. Bring your own containers. I did that before I installed my system. I'm in the Tri-cities area.

Salt1823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where I live its not paying for itself. I fill up one 32g brute can and my DI Resin is exhausted :(
Wow that stinks... your water must be tough. I love my system, just a 50 gallon a day 4 stage ro buddy for $60. I bought the bulk resin to repack my cartridge. Have you tested the water after to confirm it's exhausted?

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im getting around 400TDS in so BRS said this is why. Its the reason im getting out of the hobby. I had a 125g and I cant afford 2 packs of DI every week for water changes. I have the 4 stage 150GPD and then I upgraded to the 6 stage to see if it would help but it didnt. If anything it made it worse cause now I need to buy 2 packs of resin.

Salt1823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im getting around 400TDS in so BRS said this is why. Its the reason im getting out of the hobby. I had a 125g and I cant afford 2 packs of DI every week for water changes. I have the 4 stage 150GPD and then I upgraded to the 6 stage to see if it would help but it didnt. If anything it made it worse cause now I need to buy 2 packs of resin.
I couldn't do that either.. sorry for your water troubles. I would love to upgrade my system to a faster one. I have several tanks a 125, 75, 60 and of course the 20g quarantine tanks I use. You go thru a ton of water during ttm.

Nibejeebies

R2R is the reason for my Insomia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know about the water quality or exactly how bad it is there but I know several of our LFS as well as World Wide Corals and I believe Tidal Gardens (I want to say he said it in a video I cant remember), do Not use RO/DI.. They just use RO and they have good results. Now I personally still use RODI, but I assure you I don't change my DI resin as I should and I generally don't have issues.

Maybe Try making a run of water with out the Resin and test it see how that goes? Or possibly even zoilite/triton ?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back