Roach's Aquatop Recife ECO 40G AIO Build

Roach041570

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd do one of these also, just so I can go back and see it's progress over time. I used to keep a softy/lps 220 way back in the dinosaur days when your choice was dozens of florescent bulbs or metal halides...
The wifey decided we neded a tank now so here goes lol..
Bought an Aquatop 40gal AIO,
Came with a 30w 12k atintic/white led, and acquired another dirt cheap, 50 lbs of dry rock, and black Hawaiian live sand.. waiting on a custom stand from the cabinet shop ( she didn't like the factory stand). Then its time to start cycling...
Back in the day live rock was the only way to go, but with the availability of pods, mysis, corline, etc... I've decided to only add what I want with out the hitchhikers...

I guess my first question is that since the LFS thinks the single 30wt led is enough for softies, opinions on 2 of them being enough for lps would be welcome from the community...

OP
OP
R

Roach041570

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same tank.
I run a single ai prime hydra 32.
love. Great growth over multiple coral types.
Thanks, I plan to upgrade the lighting eventually, was actually considering a Prime 16hd,, do you run the 32 at full power without any burn issues?? The local lfs said if I went to the 32 that might be a problem.

longbeachjw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I plan to upgrade the lighting eventually, was actually considering a Prime 16hd,, do you run the 32 at full power without any burn issues?? The local lfs said if I went to the 32 that might be a problem.
No issues. Corals love it. 75%max.
my lfs said a 16 would be way too small. Which seeing it person I agree with.
I think the 32 might be a little oversized but I’m buying a new tank this month. My intent was always to buy a bigger so I could xfer to bigger tank later.
i outgrew the 40 in 6 months.

Attachments

• 1DF32E5E-F6F1-4EFF-9D50-7D72602BFCD1.png
    1DF32E5E-F6F1-4EFF-9D50-7D72602BFCD1.png
    251 KB · Views: 48
Back