System Objectives: To feed my addiction to this beautiful but crazy expensive hobby Type of reef: SPS reef with few LPS Initial Fill Date: 26/12/2016 Display Tank Dimensions: 5x2.5x2 with perimeter bracing and a centre brace. 2 sides with low iron Display Lighting: Giesemann infiniti 2x250w MH & 4x 80w T5s with some cheep blue LEDs as a moon light Stand: Built from marine ply and pine with a few coats of enamel paint Sump Standard 3 part sump with an extra section for RO 1050x600x500 NSW or ASW: AWS Red sea (Blue bucket) Display Water circulation: 1 Tunze 6095 (with backup battery) 1 6055 & a 6105 2x Jeabo rw15s (were on trial now gone ) Return Pump: Vectra M1 Skimmer: RE Bubble king double cone 250 Evaporation Top Up: Tunze ATO /APEX Extras Hellia 1000 chiller SO....Just prior to Christmas I took delivery of the tank . I filled it and then on boxing day in the following few days (once all the parameters were correct) I transferred all my live stock from their holding tanks into the new tank. it been had holding steady since but I was facing a battle with cyanobacteria. You would think after 20 years in the hobby that I wouldn’t make basic errors. This would be true however I sometimes operate on half a brain. For months I was saying to myself, it’s just the natural progression, just let it run its course because I had a new sandbed. Then I had one of those periods of operating on half a brain and in the blink of an eye I had a box of Chemiclean in my hand. I am adamant that I used it as recommended and dosed slightly less than recommended. None the less in the coming 2 weeks I had STN and for reasons I cannot explain I lost all my Millipora’s. I also had some STN on other two Acros but managed not to lose the whole colony. I lost most of the colour from the rest of my SPS. I also had a month where I was reminded how expensive this hobby can be. Out of the blue one of my 250w MH globe blew. So I decided to replace both globes (Giesemann MEGACHROME blue 21k) At $180 each I took a hit there and as expected a week after I replaced the globes the ****** Jeabo wavemakers gave me hell. one died and the other wasn’t turning over half of what it originally doing. So I reinstalled my Tunze 6095 & 6055 and purchased a 6105. There goes another $400+. A few weeks ago I lost one of my paired Banggai Cardinal who had been sick with an inflated tummy for at least 6 months. I had had the pair for at least 5 years so it was very sad to lose him/her. I have sinced replaced it but I think I now have two of the same sex as the don’t like each other and hang out at different ends of the tank. All in all things are finally looking up with colour retuning to most of my SPSs .