OP
OP
L

lstmysock11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any wavemakers/power heads that you do not have to splice the control wires to get them to work with robotank. Like they have a plug port on the controller to plug in a connection?

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how do you set up a wave pattern after you have connected your powerhead to your reef-pi?
I haven't tried, I just tell people they can only ramp up and down using light modes.

But I think it can be done and will give it a shot tonight. I'm thinking setting up a couple light modes that last a second or two, maybe one is set to 50% and the other 100%. Then it goes back and forth. Maybe a 3rd and 4th mode can be squeezed in as well.

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any wavemakers/power heads that you do not have to splice the control wires to get them to work with robotank. Like they have a plug port on the controller to plug in a connection?
Only expensive ones. Here's a list from Bulk Reef Supply, I think there's a couple brands of power heads that they offer.

OP
OP
L

lstmysock11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only expensive ones. Here's a list from Bulk Reef Supply, I think there's a couple brands of power heads that they offer.

I see guess will try to get the ones mentioned before and splice into the control cables. Does not sound that hard.

OP
OP
L

lstmysock11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also for the DC return pump is there any solution for a battery backup? I know it is possible with the power heads. But not sure with the jaebo

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Many Jabeo has 0-10v speed control on the controller. That means the pattern done by the controller you only do the speed.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't tried, I just tell people they can only ramp up and down using light modes.

But I think it can be done and will give it a shot tonight. I'm thinking setting up a couple light modes that last a second or two, maybe one is set to 50% and the other 100%. Then it goes back and forth. Maybe a 3rd and 4th mode can be squeezed in as well.
Thanks for that. Since mine has the 0-10 v control the pattern is secondary but ultimately not using the original controller would have advantages.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No clue how to build my own, What ready made solution would work with these wavemakers?

Some guidance:

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any battery backup will work, even though the pumps are 24v they run on a 120v AC adapter. If you connect them to controller you need it on battery backup as well.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back